BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a little jaunt with my lady over there. Are there any paved roads other than the highway? I'm thinking:

Irvines landing
Beaver Island
Welcome Beach
Sechelt Inlet
Roberts Creek Pier
Port Mellon

FZ09 and CBR250 so only short jaunts on unpaved surfaces (like 1-2km max)

First night in Powell River, and have another night to spend somewhere before heading home, and looking to fill the time with as much riding and seeing things as possible (if possible).

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
there's a little rip out Garden Bay road, not suitable for spirited riding IIRC, otherwise yeah mostly just the one road. But north of Madeira Bay to Earl's Cove, there's almost no traffic and some nice twisties. Time it well with the ferry and you can have basically clear roads.*

·
Registered
368 Posts
uh garden bay.. lower road and you can see the creepy kids camp.. out to edgemont village.. not a lot over there other than cops and a road with no hiding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

It's alot of ferry time (especially coming from, and back to, the island) for an hour and a half of riding...

I'll probably try to link it into a longer trip, IE hit sunshine coast first, then up towards lillooet et all.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I bought a bike from Powell River ....... it was an overnight trip. But pretty country and a special place. You just don’t go to run up the miles.*

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Thanks.

It's alot of ferry time (especially coming from, and back to, the island) for an hour and a half of riding...

I'll probably try to link it into a longer trip, IE hit sunshine coast first, then up towards lillooet et all.

Cheers.
It's nice to do as a loop with the island. Might be an overnight depending on ferries. But overall not a lot of riding that strip.*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts