BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding behind a guy on a BMW downtown on Tues. He had these aftermarket brake lights that I thought were REALLY good. They were very bright LED's with on large cluster in the stock brake light assembly, and then one small grouping on either side. Everytime he touched the brakes, they started flashing all fast and crazily.

They REALLY got my attention, and I think anyone on the road would have a hard time not seeing you with them. I pulled up next to him and asked about them. He confirmed they weren't stock, but they had been installed before he bought the bike, so he knew nothing about them.

Anyways, I think they are a very good idea, and manufacturers should start making them stock in their bikes.

Anyone have links to companies that make these?

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, those are basically just integrated turn signals. Besides, I have them for my SV and they're definitely not bright enough to be what I saw on this guy's bike. (Actually, I think they are less bright than stock)

·
Registered
487 Posts
pacific yamaha sells it, ive seen the little display upstairs, but its mounted on wat looks like a cruiser back end...so i have payed little attention..but i know its there.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
i think that shawn has a set still in parts at carter coquitlam.there a small led i think(not sure) but they are like 50 bucks a bulb and you can see them from the sides as well unlike most leds.

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
So you can cover your ass but what can you do about the oncoming left turners? I have heard about headlight pulsers ages ago and also heard they are unlawful. Our brians are more responsive to movement like flashing lights.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
^ I had a headlight modulator and they are NOT illegal.
I used to carry around a section of the MVA which specifically gives motorcyclists permission to run these - to certain standards.
Basically a hi-lo cycle 2x a second if I recall.

It saved my ass more times than I would like to know. Every rider who wants to live in Vancouver should have one. They are that noticeable.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Seen a guy with a brake light on his helmet and was triggerd by a wireless switch..Said he got it in Asia some where..

N

·
0 Posts
So do you remeber where you got the headlight modulator and about how much it cost? That would be the number one mod, safety wise, I'd like to make. That would help not only left turners but also people that you are passing would notice you in their sideview mirror more easily.

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm, but, it's not even like these just blinked, or pulsed. They just went crazy, like his plan was to cause epileptic seizures! High-speed, seemingly random, flash-flash-blinkedy-flashy-blinkyblinkblink-FLASH! And BRIGHT, like a freaking strobelight!

F

·
0 Posts
Maybe he was tapping the brakes manually and there's a flasher in there too which makes it really erratic flashing. Have you seen the brake light on the 05 06 636 (not trying to brag :devillook , probably the same on some other new bikes)? There's like 8 leds in there that all light up, very bright. I'd take a pic if it was night time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts