BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to rant on this one! Just came from downtown and I saw someone riding a super motard bike almost get into 2 accidents and piss off a whole lot of people. He was wearing proper gear for riding but not for getting wadded up under cars The stunts and skill display was very nice but the wrong place and time.

A whole lot of us regulars, down at the posers corner, have spent a lot of time and effort to raise the general publics oppinion of motorcycles and one accident, hooligan or set of loud pipes undoes all our work. We are working very hard to get the safety van out of our summer parking spot and your just pissing on all our hard work. The occasional stoppie or tasefully quiet and safe wheely is fine but what I saw was stupid. If your comming down town, please have some respect for others and their hard work.

If you want to learn more about the work, or if you want to help, you can attend the BCCOM meeting on Wednesday. I'm the fat paratrooper there, so you can talk to me in person.

Thanks.
ridenrain

·
518 Posts
ridenrain said:

A whole lot of us regulars, down at the posers corner,
Sad, very sad..... evertime i ride past that spot in Van I shake my head, people sitting there in full leather.... I guess leather would protect you if you spilt coffee..... :laughing

Vancouver sucks for riding, anytime anybody posts something about a ride to van I just laugh to myself.....you need one of these to ride there > :tredmill

perhaps this guy was going crazy due to shitty roads and crappy drivers and he just couldn't help but regain his sanity with some stunts.........

besides REAL bikers don't care what the general public thinks....

RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE.....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell that "real biker" crap to f4racer who's ranting because he's being "hassled by the man" (to use the proper biker lingo).
It's really simple. People complain & the cops have to do something. More complaints, the less it looks like the cops are doing their job so the more pushy and stupid they get. It's the same in downtown Vancouver, downtown Whiterock, downtown anywhere.
Besides, were just going to laugh your ass off the street when you dump it. Better there are no witnesses, right?
Cheers.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
ridenrain said:
I've got to rant on this one! Just came from downtown and I saw someone riding a super motard bike almost get into 2 accidents and piss off a whole lot of people. He was wearing proper gear for riding but not for getting wadded up under cars The stunts and skill display was very nice but the wrong place and time.

A whole lot of us regulars, down at the posers corner, have spent a lot of time and effort to raise the general publics oppinion of motorcycles and one accident, hooligan or set of loud pipes undoes all our work. We are working very hard to get the safety van out of our summer parking spot and your just pissing on all our hard work. The occasional stoppie or tasefully quiet and safe wheely is fine but what I saw was stupid. If your comming down town, please have some respect for others and their hard work.

If you want to learn more about the work, or if you want to help, you can attend the BCCOM meeting on Wednesday. I'm the fat paratrooper there, so you can talk to me in person.

Thanks.
ridenrain

Well i was not going to respond to this thread but I see a need to so here is my response to your dribble abouve:rolleyes

I have been riding down town for 3 years now and have often stoped at starbucks and had my self a cup o mud .

when the season starts for me nobody is at the star bucks . as the season progresses and each time that i go there no one takes the time to talk to me even thoe i try to start a conversation :lurking

Yall never give me the time of day so if ya think i am going to respect what you say now :laughing no such luck . :evilgrin

Maby if ya took the time to talk to me in the past than what you say might have some value.

I am 40 years old and do what i please and the one time that I get all squirly in front of the star bucks :angel and you decide to take note and beek off !!!

So don't waist yer time telling me your thoughts cause I will continue to ride where i want and how I want .:flip

And if it realy bothers you than you, and just you ,ya can talk to me face to face and tell me yer concerns and I will listen.

And so to you the !FAT! PARAPOOPER shut yer hole and mind yer own flock and this comes from me the stupid SUPERMOTO rider . :D :D

·
518 Posts
Hey WILDFX... I want your bike!;) I love the drz's

If i had one , i'd ride a wheelie back and forth in front of starbucks, with a cup of coffee in my hand, and if I dumped it, i'd be the one laughing the hardest....

p.s. now THIS is funny >

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
While I don't want to get involved..

I do have to say that if I did have a Super MOTARD (jab), I'd probably be a large hooligan myself. ;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey Wild FX, I think I talked to you once, you had full leathers and hiking boots on I think, I was a power ranger in a red teknic set. That is one sweet bike, I'm saving up right now to add a hooligan bike to my stable :)

-arai-

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Re: Super Motard downtown

WILD FX said:

Well i was not going to respond to this thread but I see a need to so here is my response to your dribble abouve:rolleyes

I have been riding down town for 3 years now and have often stoped at starbucks and had my self a cup o mud .

Well all I can say is that if you want to ride like an idiot then do it off road. Anything that you do on the road, especially when you dump it, will give all motorcyclist a bad name.

Take the whole loud pipe issue, I ride a sport bike which hardly makes any noise yet I get grouped in with the HOG riders and their striaght pipes and excessive noise.

The reason no one talks to you downtown is that they don't want to associate with a hooligan because it is only a matter of time before you get nailed down there, and we don't wnat the cops all over us for your stupidity.

There is a place and time for stunt riding and Thurlow or Robson or anyother city is not the right place. If your 40 then you should act your age and not your shoe size.

·
518 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Super Motard downtown

Digi168 said:

Well all I can say is that if you want to ride like an idiot then do it off road. Anything that you do on the road, especially when you dump it, will give all motorcyclist a bad name.
Everyone is on their own, and i case you didn't allready know motorcycles allready have had a bad name for many many years...trying to clean up this image is not going to work, drive a scooter if you want a so called "good name"

Take the whole loud pipe issue, I ride a sport bike which hardly makes any noise yet I get grouped in with the HOG riders and their striaght pipes and excessive noise.
How is this? totally different characteristics....I'd like to see you riding next to a harley rider (One of the whiterock red and white boys) and then try telling them that....

The reason no one talks to you downtown is that they don't want to associate with a hooligan because it is only a matter of time before you get nailed down there, and we don't wnat the cops all over us for your stupidity.
So what your saying is if he crashed right next to you, the cops are going to give you shit???!!! is your plate # the same as his too?
There is a place and time for stunt riding and Thurlow or Robson or anyother city is not the right place. If your 40 then you should act your age and not your shoe size.
The way I see it is,if someone can do stunts downtown and get away with it, power to him! if he was riding like and idiot and endangering pedestrians then maybe he should mellow out....

obviously you've been riding with a *group* too long... and somehow you think that what one rider does is going to affect everyone....

That is why we ride motorcycles isn't it? to be free...... not to have some fuckers talk about oh no he did a wheelie downtown....

EVIL-E will never conform.........:laughing

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Super Motard downtown

Evil-E said:

Everyone is on their own, and i case you didn't allready know motorcycles allready have had a bad name for many many years...trying to clean up this image is not going to work, drive a scooter if you want a so called "good name"

How is this? totally different characteristics....I'd like to see you riding next to a harley rider (One of the whiterock red and white boys) and then try telling them that....

So what your saying is if he crashed right next to you, the cops are going to give you shit???!!! is your plate # the same as his too?

The way I see it is,if someone can do stunts downtown and get away with it, power to him! if he was riding like and idiot and endangering pedestrians then maybe he should mellow out....

obviously you've been riding with a *group* too long... and somehow you think that what one rider does is going to affect everyone....

That is why we ride motorcycles isn't it? to be free...... not to have some fuckers talk about oh no he did a wheelie downtown....

Then my only response is I guess we won't be riding together.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
riding downtown is cool but stopping at the starbucks at robson and thurlow is ...... all i can say is im never doing that again.

ps. Mr.supermoto, all the power to you

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Super Motard downtown

Ok I wasn't going to say anything else about this, but now I am

Evil-E said:

Yes I know this and I know trying to get a good name is going to take alot of work. I rode for several years in california and down there they don't look down on motorcyclist like they do here.

Totally different characterists to you and me, but to the general public we are all the same.

Let's see, I don't street race but I now run the risk of loseing my license because of street racers if I drive to fast. So yes the cops will give us shit in one way or another.

I ride with one other person most of the time because what one person does in the group does affect everyone, and even if he was the best stunt rider in the world, busy city streets is not the place to show off.

We ride motorcycles because we enjoy then, I don't care if someone wants to do wheelies or burnouts or stoppies, I just expect them to use there brain and do it somewhere that is safe, and not on a public city street. What if he is doing is stunts and crashes and sends his bike into the row of bikes parked there are you going to be happy about it, if one of them is yours?

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Without letting this get completely out of hand you two.. or three, or however many people are bantering here..

The fact of the matter is this:

What any motorcyclist does, DOES effect you directly because it reflects on us as a community as a whole.

Just look at the new anti-racing stuff going on. A few bad apples, a few accidents and now look what power the police have.

While I certaintly do not obey every law every moment of my life, I try and make sure it's safe for other people as well as myself. Which means, if someone fooks up their stoppie downtown, and causes my sister to slam on her breaks in her car and gets rear ended and hurts herself. Well ya, then I'm going to be pissed.

Or better yet, how about the guy screws up his stoppie, crashes, and then my sister runs him over in her truck? And kills him? Accidently? That cool? No way man.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
I see some understand and some conform.

To those of you who understand :cool

And to those that conform ...HMMMmmmmm...Well this banter has got out of hand ,we have all made our point.

I have this to say for 2 of the 3 years that i road down town my bike was what clr?

My bike was quiet and my driving style was so so mild and most of your small click did not talk to me then even thoe I tride to start a conversation but I bet that you can not even remember that? Look under the word hypocrite and you would see???? Hmmm... I wonder eh?:rolleyes

What did I wear then.?

What was my gear ?

I had two full sets and a leather jacket?

So now Im brite YELLOW REAL LOUD and you take notice:rolleyes

And if I did not have my bike and I stopped in my car I said hi to you would you know who I am?

Im sure next time I am down ther you will take note to remember my FACE ;)

You don't know me and more than likely never will unless you can look beond the way I ride and see me for who I am when not riding my bike .

I have no preconception of any of you and to each his own .

And in reference to the term stunts... well that is in the movies what I do is ride the way I want with no danger to you ,family, friends, ECT... AND MOSTLY ME :p

I agree the timing was a bit off :(

Most of the time yall have gone to bed when I tear through there in the same fashion.

I was just out a bit early that EVE..

bl1tz you are so right! we nonconformists must start our own stop n gawk ?but not to stay to long cause then we just might be called POSERS I would rather:hangman

V.I

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
arai said:
Hey Wild FX, I think I talked to you once, you had full leathers and hiking boots on I think, I was a power ranger in a red teknic set. That is one sweet bike, I'm saving up right now to add a hooligan bike to my stable :)

-arai-
Thanks bud !!!Then we must ride together I have some real good urban routs that will blow yer mind:D

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Evil-E said:
Hey WILDFX... I want your bike!;) I love the drz's

If i had one , i'd ride a wheelie back and forth in front of starbucks, with a cup of coffee in my hand, and if I dumped it, i'd be the one laughing the hardest....

p.s. now THIS is funny >

As a matter of fact I swaped ends on sunday and all that was trashed was my turn signal and all this took place on private property... nobody to hurt but me and that is wher i realy let it rip!
And as I laid on the ground laughing .. and my friends were laughing just as hard.:D
And Evil-E I would sell it to ya for a price $$$$$$$$$$$$ :evil

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Well we all know I don't get along with a certain memeber here who talks vociferously about racing me on his turf on public roads and calls me out 'cause of it. I choose (wisely) to not do this. I think I have a healthy mix of safety and speed in my riding. On the ride to Harrison I mentioned to Bender, Doug and EVIL-E that I felt VERY comfortable riding with them.

What I interpret Evil-E as saying is that we cannot determine as a whole what motorcyclists should do or how we should behave. If you do not like how motorcyclist are portrayed and you do not like the bad rap, then you are in the wrong "sport". To be a motorcyclist is to wear the moniker that the groups as a whole has set in that area.

Would you want to own a Harley in Quebec?

I can vouch for Evil-E and say he makes me feel safe riding with him in the twisties. Stoppies downtown aren't my thing, but I'm not gonna rake someone over the coals for it saying he's wrecking it for me. Doing a heater in front of Starbuck's is lame, not cause of the heater, but 'cause of the ATTENTION it attracts.

·
518 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't really trying to be an ass.... people are always going to have different opinions, mine is that everyone should be free to do as they please as long as they don't endanger anyone else, If i felt like doing a stand-up wheelie at 140+ passing cars, on the outside lane in the rain, i should be free to do it....
If I crash thats my own dumbass fault.... not yours......and I don't think people would think the next guy was going to do the same... at least I sure hope not...

I really don't know many people that look down on motorcyclists..... everyone I talk to (general public) always asks "what kind of bike is that?" or they say "nice day for a ride eh?" i've never once had someone say... "hey look another crash victim waiting to be"

I'll just stick to riding backroads and not VANCOUVER's crappy roads....
but now I have this urge to go wheelie down Robson....better take my BMX...

DIGI.... everyone IS free to choose their own fate, I just hate when people talk about "oh this guy did this, he makes us look bad!" because in all reality it doesn't.... and don't choose to not ride with me because of what i feel about "others" riding habits..... I always look out for my riding brothers... in any way I can.... and I don't endanger other riders in anyway when riding with them....

all I can say now is > :rider

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A quick comment on the Starbucks poser crowd. I think most of them (I've stopped a couple times) pose because they like the social aspect of biking (hard to talk on your bike), they are proud of their bikes and they like attention. Also a lot of them put a hell of a lot of km on their bikes, so they do ride. Simply considering them materialistic poser who really don't care about biking would be near sighted.

I don't really know any of the regulars so I can't speak of their personalities, but I will say that I haven't felt completely welcomed when I have been there. I don't think it's really me (maybe a bit me) as I think I'm reasonably sociable. This is atmosphere is likely due to the fact that they are a group and like a lot of groups they are quite content and don't really desire to add or change the group. It would be nice if this would change.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.