BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/02/article/teaching-an-old-dog-new-tricks-superbike-coach-cornering-school-1/

Looks like a great school for 'real' riders, not wanna-be racers! Kudos to the organizers.

P.S. I was especially impressed by ( a) the emphasis on vision and line, and ( b) the de-emphasis on body position. My observation of the quickest, smoothest, most confidence inspiring riders out of the BCSB group that I've ridden with over the past half dozen or so years is that they are quite 'quiet' on their bikes. They are not moving around a lot; they're 'gentle' and 'smooth', not 'radical' and aggressive. They are good 'passengers' on the motorcycle, not Moto-GP 'pilots'. They flow with the bike; they don't 'fight' it or 'force' it. I've tried to learn from them. Fwiw...

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
P.S. I was especially impressed by ( a) the emphasis on vision and line, and ( b) the de-emphasis on body position. My observation of the quickest, smoothest, most confidence inspiring riders out of the BCSB group that I've ridden with over the past half dozen or so years is that they are quite 'quiet' on their bikes. They are not moving around a lot; they're 'gentle' and 'smooth', not 'radical' and aggressive. They are good 'passengers' on the motorcycle, not Moto-GP 'pilots'. They flow with the bike; they don't 'fight' it or 'force' it. I've tried to learn from them. Fwiw...
My observations are the same. The best riders are the ones who flow with the bike... and to me it's all about vision and interpretation/execution. Who wants to ride all day charging into
corners, jamming on the binders and then pinning it out of the corner. I prefer to ride 'the pace' as they would say.

·
track hack
2,003 Posts
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2016/02/article/teaching-an-old-dog-new-tricks-superbike-coach-cornering-school-1/

Looks like a great school for 'real' riders, not wanna-be racers! Kudos to the organizers.

Then you wouldn't be a fan of my riding style... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts