BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I sure hope it's the Connie 1400 they supercharged cuz it's quite the dog!

I hope that the chassis guys, the suspension guys and the engine guys talked to each other at least once during development. That would be a nice change in KHI's normal development process. *

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope that the chassis guys, the suspension guys and the engine guys talked to each other at least once during development. That would be a nice change in KHI's normal development process. *
That's funny. In any case the engine should howl when it it gets up to full song, and that will make up for all the other issues.

·
Registered Luser
2,113 Posts
kawi can eat a dick until they bring out the bike we were promised by all the jap bike mags:

ZX-15, 250+ hp, street goddamn legal. call it a touring bike, call it a spaceship for all I care, just bring it in at around $20k.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
In any case the engine should howl when it it gets up to full song, and that will make up for all the other issues.
LOLOL. Says no one who ever twisted the tail of a KH750 .....

Or KZ900 .....

Or KZ1000

Or 04-05 ZX10R ......

But Kawi is always good for making a screamer.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Soooooooo ...... 750cc insurance class?

·
Registered
870 Posts
For you "turbo" guys... it's not turbocharged (exhaust driven), it's supercharged (crank driven).

According to Bryan at Burnaby Kawasaki, the MSRP for the SE is $25,299. Yikes !

According to one web site I've seen, it has about the same fuel economy as the Versys 1000 - 36 MPG ( I assume that's US gallons, not Imperial)

Tank size is 19 liters - 4.2 Imperial / 5 U.S. gallons

Range to empty is just 181 miles / 290 Km's. I would be looking for gas at about 125 miles / 200 Km's . ( On my FJR I typically start checking for gas at about 200 miles / 325 km's; with a bit of gas in my aux tank, about 300+ miles. )

For somewhat remote riding - for example, parts of Utah or Nevada, even the prairies here in Canada and some of Ontario and Quebec, I would have major range anxiety. Even with easily accessible gas, stopping every two hours or so would put me off.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Yikes, that's a lot of cheddar.

As for those with range anxiety, if you can do 300 km without needing to stop, you have better knees than me.
People said the same about the VFR1200, it works for me. I lived with an R1150GS Adventure, it's 30l tank
was great for 400 km stretches but I've since adapted.

But that power ..........

·
Registered
904 Posts
no worries about the range as I am sure some deranged IronButt rider will develop a auxiliary fuel cell for it ....... 500KM per fill would be nice if you could still use all that power :rockon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts