BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a supermotard, if u do the westwood club is going to be starting a motard class at mission and they will be using the street track and dirt section. If u want to have some cheap racing fun and hone ur street skills, this is it.

·
Burn it up
163 Posts
cr500 motard:thumbup

I know u can get street legal baja kits for the big bore 2 strokes, but can u actually liscence them here in BC ? Whats the deal, do u have to get a 25% hp supressor to keep the sound reasonable ? I used to always ride my dirt bike on the street, going from different riding locations, they are comfy. How much would it cost me approx. to convert my 96cr250 into a motard ?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, its a 96 but I got 15 hours of porting and head work in it. The 500 havn't changed since 92, even the 02 is the exact same bike, I ran it at Mission last week at the Test&tune day and it RIPPED!

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
Nice SM bud !
And I try my hand at some track time wher do I sign?:D

·
Burn it up
163 Posts
how did u do at test and tune.....im curious what an open class 2 stroke would pull on the quarter......what top speed on that about 120 mph ? 125cc is about 80-90 mph ? Do u use diff sprokets ?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If u want to try out ur bike on the track at mission, go to the website its www.wmrc.bc.ca/ check out the rules for setting up ur bike,l then show up for a track day. The next one is May 27th, and there will be another guy there with his yzf 426 and my self, its just stating to get alot of interest here now. You will run in the light weight sport bike class and ul have no problem spanking there asses. If u are serious u will need to do a race school, there is info on the sight about that to.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do realy well at mission, the track is small and tight so its perfect for my bike. My bike makes so much power and torque and weight so little that I kik ass. Over 66hp @ the rear wheel and over 60lb of torque, it only weighs 230lb. I don't know how fast it goes I am still playing with the gearing, but my problem with top speed will be aerodynamics, i figure around 125 to 130 MPH tops.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
It says that I need a race lic . No money for that right now :mad and must be 95db or lower , I think my Yoshi barks out a louder note than that:eek

G

·
0 Posts
Soo Sad

If you can afford ferry fare, practice at Western Speedway's "new and Improved SuperMotard Track" is FREE most any Wednesday! The rules are Here No charge to race, from what I understand!! This is a bit hush-hush, because the cage-racers have to pay! Of course we are trying to build rider participation. It appears to be working.;)

WILD FX said:
It says that I need a race lic . No money for that right now :mad and must be 95db or lower , I think my Yoshi barks out a louder note than that:eek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts