BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another useful sticky for you folks to help me populate. I'm looking for a one stop list of services and supplies that are helpful to our biking efforts. The usual non regular shop outlets like racing suppliers, wreckers, accessory places other than the regular bike shops (I'll fill in the regular shops). But in addition to the obvious motorcycle relations I'd like to add related stuff like metal dealers, fibergass and plastic dealers, autobody repair outlets and supply outlets, tool and equipment outlets. In short anything that sells, rents or services stuff that relates to our favourite toys.

So here's the deal.

Shop name-
Address-
Phone-
Email / URL-
What they offer-

I'm looking for mechanics services like Imperial, Derek King and BOMAX that are outside the regular dealer shops. I'll be adding the regular shops and local schools. I'd also like to hear about where you buy your tools, jacks, tarps, metal, paint, oil and anything else bike related if they come from somewhere other than the usual dealers.

The replies will be formated into a list for the Articles section. So toss 'em all in here and I'll find a spot for them

And if you happen to work for a place outside of the "Usual Suspects" and offer stuff that you have used or think is bike related here's a chance to plug your outfit. No rules on this one. I'll separate any chaff from the wheat later. Come one, come all.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Okay, I'll submit one...

Shop name- Flexiglass

Address- #93, 20465 Douglas Cr.
Langley, BC
Canada V3A 4B6

Phone- (604) 644-9395

Email / URL- [email protected] / http://www.flexi-glass.com

What they offer- Fiberglass body work for race bikes....or in his words: "Race-style replacement body work for the most popular race bikes by racers for racers..."

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent start. Especially the second which most of us wouldn't think of.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Shop name- mspeedperformance
Address- 1570 Boundary road, BBY
Phone- (604) 294-3354
Email / URL- [email protected]
What they offer-

Mspeed offers race and street product's, from gear all the way to special trick items from Japan and Europe. His prices are very good and the wait for special stuff is minimum. He all so carries a large variety of late model sport bike parts, and complete track bike's( DOP) and street bikes with clean titles. He now offeres service and repairs to bikes.

www.mspeedperformance.com

·
fat old bastard
826 Posts
Shop name-Quality Machine and welding
Phone# 604 270 3515
address 120-12971 Bathgate way Richmond

The shop is run by a fellow named Willie
he will attempt anything, usually with very good results.
if there is a screw up he will bend over backwards to make it right,he has saved my bacon more than once for repairs i have brought him from work,his prices are first rate as well.

He has some custom bike experience as well, mainly on Harley's
custom frames,welding etc.

·
I might be dangerous!
1,043 Posts
Shop name- Canadian Tire
Address- multiple locations
What they offer- Mobil1 15W-50 synthetic oil $26.99/4L
Castrol 10W-40 or 20W-50 Motorcycle specific dino oil $3.99/1L <--- Walmart too

Shop name- Lordco
Address- multiple locations
What they offer- Pennzoil 10W-40 Motorcycle dino oil $3.99/1L regular price - less if you have a discount.

Shop name- International Tire Consultants (ITC)
Address- #108A-20351 Duncan Way, Langley
Phone- (604) 514-9779
What they offer- discount motorcycle tires (and car too, I guess)

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
Shop name: Pacific Fasteners
Address: 3934 1st Ave. Bby, just east of Boundary
What they offer: nuts and bolts

Shop name: Wesco
Address: 1698 West 3rd Ave., Vancouver
What they offer: anti-theft chain

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
Tools!
I watch the Canadian Tire and Sears flyers all the time. I wait for 50% off, and then I get what I want or need. Both give rain checks. For anything I want to use more than once, or requires any strength, I look for 'made in Canada', followed by the US, Japan or Europe. Some of the far east stuff is just asking to be broken!
You can trash far more than what good tools cost by working on your nice with crap or stripped tools, or by using standard tools.
Except for old British bikes and Harleys, bikes are METRIC, and require metric tools.
If I'm checking out a bike for a friend, and all the bolts, screw and allen bolts are stripped or rounded, I walk. It says "a hack has worked here"!!!

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:

On Paul's note, Pacific Fasteners sells METRIC and Stainless Steel nuts, bolts, washers, etc of all varieties and are cool with very small quantity purchases. ie/ Me pulling up, taking a couple bolts off my bike to be matched up with SS stuff. Sometimes free.
bcool guys.

A

·
0 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:

Does Wesco have a website?.

·
Lordco Poster Boy
509 Posts
A good place for tools (other than Lordco, sorry gotta plug myself)
would be kms tools next to Ikea in Coquitlam. Also Princess Auto in Langley is quite good as well. Lordco also bike plugs (NGK) as well as paint and such.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
Shop name- Rocky Mountain Motorsports
Address- right on corner of 200th and 96th in Langley
Phone- 604-881-7833
Email / URL- www.rmmi.ca
What they offer- whatever you need, Blair can get and usually within a couple of days.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Purplekawi said:
Shop name- Rocky Mountain Motorsports
Address- right on corner of 200th and 96th in Langley
Phone- 604-881-7833
Email / URL- www.rmmi.ca
What they offer- whatever you need, Blair can get and usually within a couple of days.
I agree, Blair is great. The whole tech team is really nice too.

...and they're french!

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
Motorcycle Man said:

i went to look up Wesco and can't find it in any listing. anyone help out with a number or another place to get anti-theft chain??

1 - 20 of 60 Posts