BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from MCN:

Your responses through this site and at the MCN Ally Pally show look likely to inspire Suzuki to put the B-King into production.

Your initial approval of the Hayabusa-powered prototype encouraged Suzuki to show the bike at the Ally Pally show. More research conducted among visitors there have proved even more encouraging.

Some 96 per cent of those surveyed said they wanted a version of the B-King to be made available. 400 visitors were involved.

Now all of your comments and views have been collected together and sent directly to Suzuki Japan for a final decision.

" The comments were very positive, " said a Suzuki spokesman, " we expect to hear an announcement within the next few weeks. "

It’s likely that if the bike does go into production it will be in its 175bhp normally aspirated guise rather than the supercharged 250bhp version, which could have cost up to £16,000.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
It looks good, but what about riding? With such a short wheelbase and that much power (plus it looks incredibly light) it would be an absolute wheelie monster! Even the litre bikes now are getting insane, but that Zuk would be a death machine in the wrong hands.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I love it!!! I love the streetfighter looks. But vrecksler right.....that thing would be just too insane.

atom

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If produced though it would not be supercharged. It would just be a Hyabusa with a full makeover.

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
it's a insane bike but sweet anyways

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
So, a naked 'Busa with a sweet frame like that? I like. I always thought the weakest part of the whole 'Busa thing was the look of it, now the B-King has fixed that. However, if you balked at the cost replacement rubber for a Hayabusa, you're going to go into shock trying to replace that 250 series rear.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
xenz said:
I like it, but prefer Honda NAS
Eeww! Yecch! I don't like the looks of the NAS at all. Actually I don't like where all this naked bike stuff is going. And look at the new R1 with it's cling film fairing. I hope sportbikes aren't becoming less like race reps and more like standard bikes.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hu99 said:

Eeww! Yecch! I don't like the looks of the NAS at all. Actually I don't like where all this naked bike stuff is going. And look at the new R1 with it's cling film fairing. I hope sportbikes aren't becoming less like race reps and more like standard bikes.
I'll never give up the race bike look, but if I were looking into something completely different I'ld definetly look into the B king that is very nice looking for a street bike.

But if that is the way bike are going I gues you could say bikes have gone ful circle. So in about another 15-20 years the race style will come back. Again. :laughing

Can we say go real fast in a straight line. :eek

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Crazy Guy said:

I'll never give up the race bike look, but if I were looking into something completely different I'ld definetly look into the B king that is very nice looking for a street bike.

But if that is the way bike are going I gues you could say bikes have gone ful circle. So in about another 15-20 years the race style will come back. Again. :laughing

Can we say go real fast in a straight line. :eek
Most of the guys on this board can wait until the race rep look returns, but you and I won't be riding when it comes back. Unless it's some f***ing cruiser or a scooter. Maybe the whole B-King thing isn't such a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I hope sportbikes aren't becoming less like race reps and more like standard bikes.
No, I think yamaha just made a mistake when they reduced the size of the faring for the R1. Not many people I have talked to like it that much at all. Best looking one IMO was the 2001.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts