BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bikes rule
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going to Van to get a new Gsxr 750. The prob I have is you cant get a price over the phone. So what I would like you know from all you gixxer guys or just people in general over there is. Who is the best to deal with and where will I get the best deal?? I am from vancover Island ( nanaimo) and from what I have been told by others is go to Van. We only have Harbour City Motorsport here in Nanaimo and I here they dont deal at all.. So any help I can get would be great..

D

·
0 Posts
you will get a reply on just about every suzuki dealer you just tried to call. we all have our favourites.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Call Aaron at Modern 876-0182 Tell him Paul with the Red Concours sent you and that I said you get a good deal...

Cheers

·
Registered
371 Posts
Orca Bay Suzuki in Port Coquitlum, Desi or Mark. Great people to deal with. Best price, no pressure.

·
I Came,I Saw,I Conquered
587 Posts
Call Gateway Powersports in Clearbrook. I just picked up my Yellow and Black 750 from them for a great price. Ask for Jim

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
SilverSV650S said:
Orca Bay Suzuki in Port Coquitlum, Desi or Mark. Great people to deal with. Best price, no pressure.
Vote #2 for Orca Bay. Didn't buy a suzuki there, but I did buy my Givi rack and bags through them. Great service. We've been in a few times looking at bikes and gear, and the people were extremely nice every time. No pressure, no hovering salesman.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I stopped at a Suke dealer in Maple Ridge last summer to look around and was very surprised at the price they quoted me on a new bike. I wasn't even shopping. The saleman was very upfront about their pricing.

Other than that, I know nothing about the dealership.

I have bought many bikes from Harbour City in Nanaimo. They will compete with Vancouver prices although they will make you feel like an arsehole for shopping around.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
doug said:
you will get a reply on just about every suzuki dealer you just tried to call. we all have our favourites.
Like he said, North Shore Suzuki Yahama, just off Second Narrows bridge in North Van.

Fair pricing and a good approach to salesmanship.

·
Passer of Harps
3,724 Posts
Modern, I went to all of the above (except Orca) when i bought my GSX-R 750 new. Without knowing anyone or having any hook-ups, Modern gave me the best deal by far. Even better then where i had an "in". Talk to Aaron. I'm sure he doesn't care who sent you.

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
heisenberg9 said:
Like he said, North Shore Suzuki Yahama, just off Second Narrows bridge in North Van.

Fair pricing and a good approach to salesmanship.
+1 for North Shore Suzuki, talk to Ben :)

Plus, it's the nearest one to Horseshoe Bay.

·
???????
908 Posts
Scheme said:
Modern, I went to all of the above (except Orca) when i bought my GSX-R 750 new. Without knowing anyone or having any hook-ups, Modern gave me the best deal by far. Even better then where i had an "in". Talk to Aaron. I'm sure he doesn't care who sent you.
+1! Aaron was more than $1500 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.

·
slower than ...
783 Posts
I would buy another bike from Aaron. He gave me a great price on my '04 GSXR 750 way before they were available and then lowered it when I reported (only word of mouth) that someone had got a similar deal elsewhere.

I also bought my first new bike there in 1970 from his father, who is still there. Nowadays, some people find him less than charming. This is possibly a generational thing.

·
S2S anyone?
310 Posts
Defaulthonda said:
+1! Aaron was more than $1500 cheaper than I could find anywhere else.
+1 more for Aaron at Modern, he'll give you a great deal. Just ask for the lowest price he can give you, don't haggle with the guy. understand that he's gotta make money too.

He'll hook you up. great price on gear as well.

Adam.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i was in the market for the same bike last year, i called every suzuki dealer around. orca bay was definitely the best price then, and they didn't have alot of bs fee on top. always ask for the out the door price trust me it makes a big difference. give them a try for a quote.

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Another one for Aaron at Modern.

A good price for an 06 GSX-R 750 is less then $11,500 no frieght or PDI.

Try to make a deal on accessories. I would suggest to have them throw in setting up the correct SAG for your body weight.

·
Team Modern Racing
1,032 Posts
Modern Motorcycling has been in business at the same location for 40 years. It's a family run business with low overhead, so Murray and Aaron can pass the savings on to their customers. They have unbeatable deals, not only on bikes, but also on leathers, helmets, boots, gloves, and all the accessories you need. They also have an extensive parts department, if you ever need a part for any year Suzuki chances are that they will have it in stock.

I consider myself very lucky to be sponsored by such a awesome dealership and great people like Murray and Aaron.

And oh yeah this might be a good time to announce that Modern is planning on having a customer appreciation day in the summer complete with barbeque and bikini bike wash and possibly some prizes.... Stay tuned

1 - 20 of 20 Posts