BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year and gotta do oil change before insure my GSX600 2004. I went to Suzuki dealer and looked at couple oil brands including Suzuki $4.99/litre and Motul for $40 for 4 liters so big price difference. I do not ride my bike hard, just like my cavalier..casual riding..The guy at the dealer told me that Suzuki oil should be okay for my riding habits.
My question is should not SUZUKI oil better than Motul for Suzuki bike ?
and Motul must be better than Suzuki but is it worth to spend double on it ?
Is there a place where you can buy Motul for less than $40 for 4 litres ?
thanks

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
Suzuki doesn't make oil. They have their name on a bottle of someone elses oil. Suzuki has no oil refineries. That is decent though. Motul is better (semi-synthetic).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
SurreyF4I said:
My question is should not SUZUKI oil better than Motul for Suzuki bike ?
and Motul must be better than Suzuki but is it worth to spend double on it ?
Is there a place where you can buy Motul for less than $40 for 4 litres ?
thanks
There's a tonne of threads out there discussing the difference between dino oil and semi-synthetic and synthetic oil - you'll go dizzy reading all of the debates.

The general conclusion is that frequent oil changes play a big part in engine longevity and that the synthetics and blends will last longer - maybe a couple thousand more km's between changes. Amsoil recommends pretty long intervals between their oil changes...

If you want to find some Cheap synthetic oil, I used to get mine at Burnaby Kawasaki. Its this stuff called Kawasaki S4. You could give'em a call and ask if they still carry it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
It is the general consensus that freguent oil changes are better than running expensive synthetics at extended drain intervals. Clutch and transmission sharing oil with engine, creates more strain on oil as well as more contaminants.

The trick is to find a good quality oil you can afford to change regularly and frequently. Running expensive oil and draining it often really is not necessary as many dino oils spec very high in quality at a fraction of the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts