BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, after spending a crap load of time amassing parts and then procrastinating, I took this weekend to finally complete a project I've been wanting to do for a while. With the amazing and expert help of my pops, we finished it up (mostly) in about 10 hours on Sunday, and 5 hours today.

I hope you like it! :coffee

'04 SV-650S turned streetfighter
- '03 GSX-R 750 forks, wheel, calipers, etc
- Carbon fiber fender
- Motocross bars
- Buell lightning headlights and flyscreen
- Veypor performance guage
- Pazzo levers

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sitting in my room, if you're interested :D

Perfect condition!

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
it looks nice man...but i think the black wind screen needs a thin (maybe 1/2 inch or inch) yellow trim...it would be a sick little accent piece...but what do i know...still looks great

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
wonderful machine man, really cool. Plus i have a thing for carbon fiber, try saying "carbon fiber fender" real fast 5 times- LOL :)

·
Registered
437 Posts
looks great K. How are the bars? comfy? and the veypro only goes to 5 gears?? I put the 04/05 front end on mine. Just got the speedo recalibrated finally after many trips past the speeder readers on the Eagleridge bluffs in WVan.
Les

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
ooooooooooooo a big yelow fan!! bike looks good. how come the arse end isn't sticking almost vertical like most street fighters you see in mags??

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Congrats on completing the project. Looks good.

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah, I understand there are always little touches to make it look nicer, but I need to curb my spending!

The handle bars are SO comfy. Though, as I'm used to clip-ons, my wrist still feel like they're turned outwards :p
The Veypor wasn't completely calibrated when I took these shots. It was a 6 gear setting. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the RPM's to read properly... I went for a test ride and it stayed below 3000??? riiiiight

Anyways, all I have left to do now is mount the master cylinder (it's currently zapped), tighten up and adjust all the headlight bolts, and possible figure out some ss brake lines (anyone know good deals?).

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, I also need to powder coat the rear wheel black at some point. Again, if anyone can suggest somewhere for a good deal... :)

·
What's the speed of dark?
163 Posts
Looks awesome! But Frapp's right - you need some yellow on the fender and fairing, and some black on the tank and tail to bring it all together.

What about making an alternating black and yellow stripe (1" yellow, 1" black") (use sign makers vinyl: easy to cut out and apply with hair dryer. PM me for more info how to apply and where to get it if interested)?

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like a stripe down the bike a-la Ducati Monster?
Or, trim like Frapps suggested?

I'm open to all suggestions. If you can photoshop or sketch some type of visual aid, it's be immensley helpfull. Or photos of similar ideas...

Again, I have to seriously limit my current spending trends. So, though I'm free to dream, there's a good chance the bike will be staying like this for a little while to come :)

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I know it would be a lot more work but stripping the bike and doing the frame, swingarm and rear wheel in black powder would sure fighter it up that much more.

You didn't mention anything about the rear shock. If it's done then great. Otherwise you're hamstringing this beast from reaching it's full potential.

Other than that I love what you did. I suspect you're finding that it's a far better city bike to boot.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts