BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my ride dyno'd. The #'s were a bit lower than expected - I guess that shaft drive taps quite a bit! the torque curve is cool though. the black lines are stock Vboost, the red is for "Tboost" which is 3000rpm Vboost (2 carbs for each of the 4 cylinders). I guess I'll think of getting some carb work one of these days (when I learn how!). I was with a friend there, and when they strapped his bike on and started rolling up to speed, a nail flew out of his tire, and he got a flat while on the dyno! Strange weekend for everyone...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Sweet power curve!

What is this vboost and tboost that you're talking about? I've never heard of this, but it sure sounds cool.

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jason, Vboost is what makes the Vmax cool: between each 2 carbs, there's a connecting airway in the intake tracts, and at 6000rpm, a butterfly valve begins to open which opens this airway, allowing each cylinder to draw breath from 2 carbs. The mod I did was discovered by a guy named Terry so it's called Tboost, which opens this valve at 3000rpm instead of 6000rpm. as you see in the dyno, there's a slight power increase, then a loss (too rich), but a bit more power on the top end. with some tuning, it offers better throttle response, and a little more grunt down low.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts