BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
starnack
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the "hibernation" season ends and the snow surrenders the pavement in it's long retreat in the face of riding season. It is time to share the little giddy smirk we all experience at the sight of the army of street sweeper retaking our roads.......

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS....

Here is the place to post all reports of street sweeper sightings (with pictures if possible) so we may all smile and prepare ourselves for another riding season.

-Happy spring Canyon Carvers!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
LOL......Kamloops......I get it.

I'm on the island and I'm thinking, "Street sweeper, wtf is he talking about?"

Yeah we don't have ROCKS all over our twisties. Or any snow....hahaha

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
Sweep and clean, only to reveal what lies underneath; GIANT potholes, shoddy patchwork of vastly differing altitudes, consistency, and traction... tarsnakes that run every-which-way, 're-surfacing' that's left the road gouged and scarred, manhole covers protruding a good 4 inches above the rest of the pavement... yes. Let's talk about the complete scam that is BC road maintenance.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Let's talk about the complete scam that is BC road maintenance.
Are you sure we have enough time?

Hit and miss at best. I guess they just don't have the budget to fix it all at once, now do they? The Freeze and the thaw, the water erosion from melting snow or just good old rain, they can never keep up to it.

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
Sweep and clean, only to reveal what lies underneath; GIANT potholes, shoddy patchwork of vastly differing altitudes, consistency, and traction... tarsnakes that run every-which-way, 're-surfacing' that's left the road gouged and scarred, manhole covers protruding a good 4 inches above the rest of the pavement... yes. Let's talk about the complete scam that is BC road maintenance.
Uhm. You ever seen the tar snakes in California? Makes our stuff look tame.

·
To torque or not?
880 Posts
The sweeper has been out in 100 Mile House for the last 3 days. The town streets are starting to look rideable. The highways and roads outside of town, not so much yet. I did see a KLR out yesterday in town.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
What ever keeps you inbreds on the rock.

Dont need idiots strafing traffic at 300kph here. Dont need to get hassled on my way to the border.

LOL......Kamloops......I get it.

I'm on the island and I'm thinking, "Street sweeper, wtf is he talking about?"

Yeah we don't have ROCKS all over our twisties. Or any snow....hahaha

Reactions: Dumptruck

·
Registered
113 Posts
To me it seems Southern British Columbians really don't know how good they have it.

I already hear tons of complaints that gravel isn't being removed from local roads... I guess in their little worlds they have no idea a large portion of Western Canada just got 30cm of snow in the last 48 hours.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Street sweeping, not so much.
It is snowing like a son of a b**** here in Edmonton.
We will not be sweeping the sand/salt/chip off our roads for quite some time. In fact, they are mixing more for the "rest of the winter".
I'm new here, but I think that means June.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ugh, it's terrible! You can have your bike insured year-round and ride 5+ days a week for that time!
/sarcasm

That is, if you don't mind swimming and riding at the same time...

·
Registered
36 Posts
First ride of the season in Terrace today! OK, so it snowed every day this week, but it melted every afternoon! Sweepers full speed ahead in town and on highways!!! Kincolith road, can't wait for your pavement to warm up....

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
spoken like someone who has never ridden in any other province. lol

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
First ride of the season in Terrace today! OK, so it snowed every day this week, but it melted every afternoon! Sweepers full speed ahead in town and on highways!!! Kincolith road, can't wait for your pavement to warm up....
Aahhhhhh. Kalum Lake road and then out to Kincolith. When I lived in Rupert that made for a great days riding of about 650 km.

Nowadays a quick 650 km loop takes me to Winthrop, or I zip out the Duffy, or cruise the roads of the Fraser Valley. But you gotta ride what you have.

·
backslider
11,214 Posts
'Sweepers' ... heck, half of BC still has frikken snowplows operating right now

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aahhhhhh. Kalum Lake road and then out to Kincolith. When I lived in Rupert that made for a great days riding of about 650 km.

Nowadays a quick 650 km loop takes me to Winthrop, or I zip out the Duffy, or cruise the roads of the Fraser Valley. But you gotta ride what you have.
You've got that right, Sikorsky! Ride what we have! N Cascades is a great ride too!
Nisga'a Hwy is good pavement all the way to Kincolith now, and living in Terrace instead of Rupert cuts off 300 km, so it's a pretty nice 1/2 day ride out and back (on a sunny day!). No traffic, no radar, just moose and bears!!

Found this:
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/88064-Ride-Report-Terrace-to-Kincolith-(pix)?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts