BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of picking up some light luggage touring and am curious what everybody uses for tail/saddlebags. What type do you have (pics?), how much did it cost ya, why is it good/bad? hehe

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
i use a regular over the shoulder bag, like the bicycle courier style bags and use a bungie net to secure it to my seat. If the bag is small or empty enough, i'll open the reat seat, lay the cargo net across the opening, and put the seat back on with the hooks hanging out, and connect the hooks on top. This way i avoid scuffing my bodywork, and having to deal with the cargo net as l leave the bike, nobody can take it cuz it's locked between the seat, and trunk

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I never have to use a tailbag, I have plenty of room in my hockey bag. I sling that over my shoulder for large loads, and then I rigged the waist belt from an old backpack onto the hockey bag. So the strap over the shoulder and the waist strap work together to strap it securely on my back. It is very stable and with my mondo mirror extensions I still have full visibility! :)

A

·
0 Posts
Tail bags?

I bought a Wolfman Tailpak from BK for around a 100 clams.Works very well and actually holds alot and is somewhat stable just don`t load it up with 8 bottles of Motul oil and do wheelies-the end result is a dumped bike with the tailpak wedged between the rear fender and tire and oil all over the tire:( .(don`t ask me how I know)

ken

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
How about a milk-crate and some bungee cords? I can hook you up with a nice Dairyland one (very high quality) in any colour you want. :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Harps said:
How about a milk-crate and some bungee cords? I can hook you up with a nice Dairyland one (very high quality) in any colour you want. :D

you work for dairyland ? any chance they are hiring drivers for their rigs ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts