BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big shout out to Mark Meadley and his crew at Classic Collision on Pemberton Ave in North Van. there was rust starting to show on the underside of the tank on my CB1000R - not what you'd expect from a Honda, but there you go! the tank got thoroughly de-rusted; prepped; epoxied; basecoated; painted; and top coated. looks superb! ..and this afternoon, I treated it to a layer of Meguiars carnauba, and got it back onto the bike. come on, sunshine...

·
backslider
11,297 Posts
lookin' good !!

·
lover of twins
6,115 Posts
Wow, that's surprising. Did you think about cleaning up the rust yourself and just respraying the bottom or were there scuffs/damage on the topside as well?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ heh heh. not on a bike, but air cleaner on a car... mouse... the tape was just insurance...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that's surprising. Did you think about cleaning up the rust yourself and just respraying the bottom or were there scuffs/damage on the topside as well?
I thought about it, of course, but amateur paint jobs are... amateur. I have no plans to switch rides anytime soon, so the investment made sense to me. $1083 incl taxes, which is not cheap, but in line with what I expected. there was just under 4 hrs of prep and just over 5 hrs of finishing involved, plus various materials.

I've rattle-canned numerous projects before, but this one exceeded those capabilities.

·
backslider
11,297 Posts
Um - Don - tape won't deter mice for even a second (they'll chew through 3/4" thick wood in an hour) ... you would need to place a piece of wire mesh over it to be sure ... and, the same goes for your air in-take portal at the front (an air-box is apparently a wonderful place within which to raise a mouse family)

·
backslider
11,297 Posts
Tank off Jonnycort ... really !!!

·
lover of twins
6,115 Posts
lol - you know BCSB is in trouble when they're only willing to send the B-team bots here.

Reactions: doser

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
That is lovely!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts