BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Highway 3, westbound leaving Osoyoos is nasty. It's right around the spot you want to really open it up with the long sraights and beautiful sweepers. Then the tar snakes appear in the corners, and it feels like you are hydroplaneing. I'm sure the fact that Osoyoos commonly has 40+ degree weather doesn't help

·
Darth Tator
394 Posts
Good thread to resurrect!

The tar snakes (never knew they were called that) are freakin brutal on the 91 South of the Alex Fraser bridge. A little bit of water and they are like ice.

·
'Busa girls, God love 'em
5,842 Posts
yup we hit them last night...almost slipped out on the Busa... I think we should petition a ban on these things... or they should add some sand or gravel... to add some grip

If I go down on one of these things ill sue highways all the way... repair the road with new asphalt instead of using bandaids..... you cheap mo fo's

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
They don't seem to repair roads properly at all round here. There's two pot holes on canada way / 10th ave that have been repaired a couple of times in the past 3 weeks and they're back to the original situtation of 2 x 7 inch deep holes in the road. Doesn't help that the roads in Canada are so thin either.

·
How to ride
1,169 Posts
Highway 3, westbound leaving Osoyoos is nasty. It's right around the spot you want to really open it up with the long sraights and beautiful sweepers. Then the tar snakes appear in the corners, and it feels like you are hydroplaneing. I'm sure the fact that Osoyoos commonly has 40+ degree weather doesn't help
Same issue 11 years later. Was wondering (for a few seconds) if I was going to save the front heading east out of town on Hwy 3 on Sunday. So slippery. I need to complain to someone.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Same issue 11 years later. Was wondering (for a few seconds) if I was going to save the front heading east out of town on Hwy 3 on Sunday. So slippery. I need to complain to someone.
It is horrible. Tar snakes all the way up the mountain including the once fun corners. And they are oh so slippery. I wonder if any bikes went down.

I was sliding off the snakes and catching traction on the dry bits. Not pleasant. One of my fave rides ruined.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts