BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a tinted double bubble wind shield for my F4i...
Tell me if you know...is it just a matter of unscrewing those bolts from the top of the the windshield or do you actully have to take off the farin' and do it top and under in the same time for the windshield to come off?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I do believe it's just a matter of unscrewing the screen bolts and bolting the new one up. (At least that's how my Kawi and Suzi worked)

If your shield has little rubber anit-vibration things (Yes, I'm VERY tired and can't for the life of me thnik of a better term) make sure you catch them when you pull the screws out then re-use them.

Jim.

D

·
0 Posts
Cool

Floman, how much did it cost? I was thinking of changing the windscreen after I change my blinkers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I didn't have to take the fairings off on my Kawi. There were the "anti-vibration thingies" that I had to take off the oem windscreen though. It took about 10 minutes to take 4 "anti-vibration thingies" off and squeeze them into the holes of the new windscreen.

BTW, try to remember what the wind protection is like before you put the screen on. - and then compare it to the new windscreen. I'm trying to remember if the new one was quieter. The new one seems to create a little more turbulence unless you're completely tucked behind the screen.

·
ice cream poser
782 Posts
Yo Flo,

It's easy, I did it for my f4i a few weeks back. It's my best mod yet (better than my akro exhaust i think in terms of looks anyway). Anyway just unscrew from the inside, pop off the rubber things and put then into the new screen, then screw back on. Don't have to touch the fairing at all.

FloMan said:
I've just ordered a tinted double bubble wind shield for my F4i...
Tell me if you know...is it just a matter of unscrewing those bolts from the top of the the windshield or do you actully have to take off the farin' and do it top and under in the same time for the windshield to come off?

Thanks a bunch!

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's done..it cost me 140...after 10% discount at rms...
I wanted it to be darker though...I don't need to see throght it...I asked but they said they don't make it any darker ..after I bought it I thought...Why didn't I just spray paint my stock one black , or even silver to match the rest of my bike...

So what I am gonna do is try to find silver paint that sticks to plastic and see what I can do with the old one...It might look kinda cool not being able to tell the windshield apart from the faring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts