BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
RMS has the Teknic Violator jacket (I know not the one you listed) but I tried one on last weekend and it fit similar to my Teknic textile jacket (size wise). So I would assume the Chicane should fit similar.

Either look to be great jackets, but if you're looking for this style, newenough.com has last years Teknic Chicane on closeout for $109-149. I've ordered from them in the past and great to deal with, fast shipping, etc. Just another idea. http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/teknic/chicane_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

Quality wise with both I think you'll be good. My wife has a Cortech jacket that we ordered online, and good quality, she's been very happy with it. And I've used Teknic products now and in the past, been happy as well. For the $$$ I think tough to beat.

Both will never be butter soft leather like a Dainese or other high end jacket but again, great value for the $$$.

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
My Dad has 2 Tourmaster/Cortech jackets, one leather, one textile, and is very happy with them.

Unfortunately, they have no Canadian distribution, so you can only seem them down south.

I think Teknic makes some really nice jackets as well, as I had a textile Interstate model, very well made and heavily discounted when I bought it.

You probably won't go wrong with either, but I would not buy without trying one on in person myself.

I found the textile Teknic fit quite large, and the leather fit considerably smaller....I think they vary, depending on where they are made. I tried on a Chicane last year from a guy on CL....fit WAYYY tighter than my textile in the same size...could not even do up the zipper.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i saw. it looks like a nice jacket, but i wouldnt have a clue how it fits.
do most guys usually just go with their t-shirt size?

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
ya i saw. it looks like a nice jacket, but i wouldnt have a clue how it fits.
do most guys usually just go with their t-shirt size?
haha, no "jacket" size...get a flexible tape & measure your chest, take a look at the sizing chart.

Sizing Information:

The overall fit of this jacket will work for the “average build”, so choose a size based upon what you usually wear in men’s jackets/shirts. Cortech marks the various size jackets with the following chest sizes:

XS 38 Small 40 Medium 42 Large 44 XL 46 XXL 48 XXXL 50

These chest sizes seem appropriate, so you can use your suit coat size or chest measurement to double check. You’ll want to check your belly also and make sure that your belly does not exceed 4” less than the chest size above (example, XL/46 will handle a max belly of about 42”).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts