BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried or seen these boots before?

The may not have the same protection/flexibility/support as Sidi boots, but they're more along the lines of what I would wear if I wasn't going to be wearing leather pants (like Icon reinforced riding jeans or textile pants).

Teknic has these listed under their sportbike catalog, so I was just curious if they were any good.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Last time I was at 5th Gear, Bill had some new shoes (I think from A*), cant remember, they were pretty nice, good protection, but still something you could wear 'out'.

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
looks just like the icon boots. Same straps and looks. They have steel toes and are a heavy boot. Icon has a high boot and a low boot as well. Compare the prices

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last time I was at 5th Gear, Bill had some new shoes (I think from A*), cant remember, they were pretty nice, good protection, but still something you could wear 'out'.
I may have to head down to 5th gear and check them out.

These boots do look similar to the Icon boots, but I was hoping they would be different. The Icon boots have received less than stellar reviews on the net due to the size of the toe not being able to fit under the shifter, and how there is no flexibility in the ankle.

Personally, I believe that having the shifter pads on the side of the boot instead of in the middle (like Icon has them) makes this boot worth checking out at least.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
full race boots are fine to just "wear around" when you've got boot-cut jeans

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, i have a pair myself that i got from Bill. Good stuff, narrow fitting tho. But yeah they're bit stiffer tho and you gotta get used to feeling the shifter peg.

They've survived a low slide pretty well, they have really thick leather on them.

·
Fuelled by rice
4,473 Posts
Joe rocket has something as well, even more comfy with ankle protection. Just can't remember the name. My buddy has them, kind of look like runners

1 - 7 of 7 Posts