BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chief Rocka
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any preferences of where to get it from? Who's your carrierr? I will be a first time buyer of it so I'm interested in hearing people's pitch and testimonies on their carriers..

TIA

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
I wasnt aware you had to have tenants insurance if you were a homeowner? I just have house insurance.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
BCAA is always popular.
Your rates will depend and will vary considerably with your location....get a few quotes.

·
Chief Rocka
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adam112 said:
I wasnt aware you had to have tenants insurance if you were a homeowner? I just have house insurance.
Not exactly a homeowner but not a renter...

I work/live at a school that does not cover our possessions for where I reside... So they suggested to us to get our own tenants insurance..

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I bought mine from BCAA, but didn't really shop around for rates. Try an insurance broker. Expect to pay more for tenants insurance than you would for the same coverage of homeowners insurance. My last year's tenants insurance was just over $600 for $43k worth of coverage, in the New West area, with BCAA.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I've always used BCAA as well. No complaints, I lost $4500 in computer equipment and no hassles at all.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
If it's just tenant's insurance, you shouldn't be paying any more than $250 a year, for about $30,000 (minimum) worth of stuff.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I got mine at the same place where I insure my bike and cars. I got a quote
from 2 different places. $45. to $50. a month (cover for $30,000.) Since I never had house/tenant insurance before, I get 0% discount. The lady said is good to start early, I 'll get my full discount by the time i am ready to buy a house.

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
any insurance brokerage will be able to sell you tenants insurance, it's like home, auto and personal insurance.

T

·
0 Posts
I can give you my buddies number he does this stuff and is great to deal with...

He travels as well thats his job the whole insurance thing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts