BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just insured my bike today, and went for my first ride of the season... And man, was it great... Anyways, I heard that there was a small riding group in terrace, that in season, meets at tim hortons every sunday at 10 for a weekly ride. I just want to know if there is anyone from terrace that participates, or where I could get more info about whatever meets you guys have.

I also want to get to know the kitimat and prince rupert riders, but I know it's far too early in the season to expect anyone to ride the highways into town. Basically what I'm trying to say, is in later season we should orgranize a ride.

Emm, I'd also like to remind everyone that is riding this early in our area to be safe on the roads, it's still really gravelly, at least in terrace, and tires can slide.

Ride on!

:tredmill

·
How many poser points?
156 Posts
hey NC,

Lots of rupert riders, and tons of rides to terrace and beyond in a few weeks or whenever they start to sweep the streets....

and hey do you have any info on what happened at 4-corners sunday with the rider down? was it Kenny? and did the rider seriously have no helmet? any details would be great.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I live in Rupert,We might be going for a ride up to Terrace on saturday.Of course if its still nice.We have been riding for a couple of weeks already,But just locally.We are hoping to get a group together for a ride up to Stewart in april.There is at least 10 sportbikes in Rupert right now.Bike nights in Rupert in the winter are at Timmie hoes tuesdays.And in the summer down at Cowpuccinos in the lovely Cow bay area.:coffee

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
" Cowpuccinos " really, that's what it's called ...:laughing

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spraxxx said:
hey NC,

Lots of rupert riders, and tons of rides to terrace and beyond in a few weeks or whenever they start to sweep the streets....

and hey do you have any info on what happened at 4-corners sunday with the rider down? was it Kenny? and did the rider seriously have no helmet? any details would be great.
I don't know a whole lot about it, but someone I'm aquainted with said they saw it, and they said it was some turd on a dirtbike, who tried to take a jump and than smoked his head on a sign or something and gashed his head open. I'm not really sure if thats accurate information or not though, I didn't really look into it, and I'm assuming the guy wasn't wearing a helmet. "god damn thornhillers"

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too bad I work saturdays :( But you guys should let me know when you're going to plan those rides, and I'll see if I can make it. And yeah, I want to go for a ride up the nass this year... the last time I went to rosswood they were prepping for paving, so hopefully it's done now? I also suggest the newly paved old lake-else lake drive I think.... the road that heads out to the lake the jackpine route... anyways thats probably the best ride i've seen around here.

·
How many poser points?
156 Posts
Yeah the old lakelse lake road is really nice. just need to be careful of that bridge... and with the new roads up the nass we should be able to ride almost all the way to kincolith

·
Save water, ride oil cool
457 Posts
I'll be up in Kitimat for the summer with my RC. I'm comin from Vancouver and i've been a city boy my whole life.

I hope to ride with you all. Hows the weather up there in the summer. I understand it rains a lot. I also heard theft is a problem up there. Anything else i need to know for riding up there. Are there bike shops around and such?

Pete

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Uh, as far as I know there isn't a big theft rate here, but I mean, I wouldn't leave the keys in your bike... As for shops, there is neids enterprises in terrace, which has real asses working at the counter, and they'll try to wring you for all your penny's, and than kens marine which seems to be able to order anything you need, and the counter gus are good about giving deals. Other than that there is a hog shop somewhere in town, but for the most part if you really needed parts or something, ebay or other out of town businesses are usually cheaper.

I look forward to riding with you guys too, matter of fact I went for another rip today and checked out the highway going to smithers, I rode to kleanza creek, and other than having cold balls it was pretty good... i can't wait for some warmer weather...he

As for the weather in terrace in the summer, it's on and off, i mean last year we had an unusually warm summer, but sometimes we get shatty ones. As for PR i'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the rainiest places in the world, either that or they get the least amount on sunlight something like that... because thats where those people who are allergic to sunlight are? anyways, now i'm just rambling, so i'm going to sit down before I hurt myself.

·
How many poser points?
156 Posts
PeteDawg

Workin at Alcan? bike shops in terrace are not great at all there are a few options in rupert through some of the guys that ride. yeah it rains but our riding season is long, and the roads stay clean

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, the places in terrace pretty much suck.. heh, and no it never rains in prince rupert, but they always get rainbows ;)

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
newbusa said:
Rain?In Rupert?:laughing
When the heck was Ridley Island terminal built...?? Early '80s I think. The company I worked for had drilling equipment on the site and I spent a few months a couple of weeks at a time during .. May to Nov maybe, something like that, 81 or 82 I figure.

Anyway I remember this really great little shack of a seafood restaurant, on a pier somewhere. Great food and fabulous scenery, recall 3 or 4 bald eagles sitting of the fish boats as we ate, more than once.

An old fellow told me how to be able to tell the weather in Rupert, was quite simple he said.

There is an island out in the harbor, or it was somewhere within in eyesight, if you couldn’t see that island it was raining, if you could see the island it was going to rain.....

·
Registered
806 Posts
silverD said:
When the heck was Ridley Island terminal built...?? Early '80s I think. The company I worked for had drilling equipment on the site and I spent a few months a couple of weeks at a time during .. May to Nov maybe, something like that, 81 or 82 I figure.

Anyway I remember this really great little shack of a seafood restaurant, on a pier somewhere. Great food and fabulous scenery, recall 3 or 4 bald eagles sitting of the fish boats as we ate, more than once.

An old fellow told me how to be able to tell the weather in Rupert, was quite simple he said.

There is an island out in the harbor, or it was somewhere within in eyesight, if you couldn’t see that island it was raining, if you could see the island it was going to rain.....
Hey,I worked at Ridley when they were building out there,Yes 80 ,81.And that seafood place,That is probably Smiles,In Cow bay of course!

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Yes yes, Smiles .... That was it, oh, so that's Cow Bay .... where cowpuccinos can be had, Hmm... things have changed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
silverD said:
Haha thats sweet... I hope you're thinking of smiles cafe or whatever, thats the only place I really ever eat at when I go there. But I think it's some kind of road trip tradition me and my family have.

·
457 Posts
Spraxxx said:
PeteDawg

Workin at Alcan? bike shops in terrace are not great at all there are a few options in rupert through some of the guys that ride. yeah it rains but our riding season is long, and the roads stay clean
Ya i'm workin at Alcan. My Start date is Mat 1 so i'll contact you guys before I head up. I'm tryin to locate a garage in kitimat through a buddy. If bike shops are a rip off we should combine our collective knowledge tools and supplies and work on our own shit. I've done my fair share of bike repairs and would be happy to help you guys out in exchange for the same.

The RC is gonna be my only mode of transport so if it rains a lot, i'm just gonna have to suck it up.

Can't wait to get outta the traffic-filled city.

Pete

·
457 Posts
You guys wanna ride this weekend? I posted a ride in the interior riders section. Reply to that thread if you wanna go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts