BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Buy quality, buy once. Now that I think about it, I paid around the same for Aerostitch ....... twice.

If you ever slide down the road you will be rolling the dice entirely and I highly doubt you'll be calculating what you spent on gear/protection. *But good high quality gear is nice to have/wear. I just don't follow the 'it's gonna save your ass x dollars better' than a cheaper brand.

So now that i've had my Klim Latitude gear for awhile, it's time to do an update/review

the Pros
-Great fit (very subjective)
-Very comfortable for long days, on and off the bike. Lunch has never been more comfortable.
-The right amount of pockets, and the external ones are waterproof.
-A Hidden pocket to keep documents or cash safe, which would be great for traveling in less desirable locales.
-Vents that i can easily open, close, or adjust while riding. Seriously this is amazing. Whether its the chest vents that flow huge amount of air, or the leg vents on the back of my legs, I can easily find and adjust how much air flow i get. Saturday I rode to Winthrop, and being able to quickly adjust temps as I rode through Rainy Pass and Washington pass made a huge difference to my comfort.
-Jacket and Pant adjusters mean it doesn't flap in the wind, even on a naked bike like my Tuono.
-Gore-tex guaranteed to keep you drive. Although I haven't really put this to test, there are lots of ADV Rider threads to back them up on this claim.

the Cons
-The pants are fit very narrow in the hips, which although great for riding, but can be difficult for taking them on or off.
-I wish the jacket cuffs expanded a bit more, they barely fit over my full gauntlet gloves.
-The included crash protection is only CE1, where Europe gets CE2.
-There are no pockets for chest protection.
-The jacket to pant zipper is not a 360 zip, and it's placement makes zipping the two pieces together needlessly difficult.
-The rise of the pants is a bit off for me, so i need to pull them up a bit when i get on my bike.

How do i feel about the gear purchase

I'm really happy with the decision, and feel it's lived up to my expectations. It definitely wasn't cheap, but when i was looking at what i spent for leather gear, plus rain gear, this wasn't that much more, and now i get to pack less.

Although I don't have the sense of security and safety of riding in full leather, I still feel safe and protected. Perhaps i'm actually safer without the false sense of safety.....

The increase in all day comfort is substantial for me, and I think this will definitely contribute to overall health and happiness on long rides.

I will still use my leather gear on rides that I suspect will be higher than normal in pace, or in roads that may be higher risk. But the Latitude is my default riding gear now.

If Klim does an updated version of the Apex, with a more modern fit and protection, that will likely also make it in to my wardrobe, and likely replace my all leather gear.

I just wanna look like the male models in the Olympia catalog
Water Recreation Adventure

:rockon:knife*

I've been riding in the rain more than I'd like. But the weather is crap, so what can you do. Still quite pleased with my Olympia jacket. *The rain liner fits over the outside, which is how I use it and it keeps me and my whole jacket dry. When done or when the rain stops I can take off the rain liner and the main jacket is bone dry. Convenient and more comfortable that way I find.*

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.