BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give a great thanks to Dave and his staff at Supersports. On a very busy Easter Saturday he took the time to replace the stator and rotor on my 03 R1. (Fried stator wiring).
A new stator would have cost $505, and had not been available for 4-6 weeks, but I am now back on the road again.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Is that the little shop on the bypass, near the railroad tracks?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I put a fair few kilometers on each year, on average 40,000Kms, and of course the stator stopped working 20 days after the warranty expired. I asked the dealer to see if Yamaha would replace it, but that would take 6-8 weeks, and of course they may quite rightly refuse and as I need the bike for work, I decided to fix it at my own expense.
One reason for the stator "frying" is that some damage may occur after a fall on the cover, but that was not the case with my bike.
As is usual for me, things that don't occur on other bikes happen on mine because of the mileage, but I think in this case that the wires gradually shorted out on the bushes, the stator failed and it took with it the reg/rec.
But thanks to Supersport I'm riding again.
Yes, that is the small place just west of the railway tracks on the Langley bypass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts