BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed," his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of 250 km/h (155 mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demo stration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

View attachment 39775

View attachment 39776

image003.jpg

View attachment 39778

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g----you repost

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sorry about that. where is it? i thought i have been all over this dang blasted site.. guess not. if the moderator wishes to wipe this thread out go right ahead, no point in wasting space.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Organ Donor said:
oh sorry about that. where is it? i thought i have been all over this dang blasted site.. guess not. if the moderator wishes to wipe this thread out go right ahead, no point in wasting space.
lol

That was a safety exhibit in europe somewhere, from an actual fatal crash as I recall. Likely quite effective.

And it may be a repost, but a reminder this time of year never hurts. :thumbup

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
82 Posts
Is that what remains of an NC30 in there?

Wow... Flipped the car over you say...

Ouch...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there's a video of thie the aftermath of this crash isnt there?

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Organ Donor said:
You can delete your own thread. Just open the thread, and hit the "edit" button on your original post. Then select Delete.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
that whole thing is a fake! it's off a movie set for fack's sake!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
slowzuki said:
that whole thing is a fake! it's off a movie set for fack's sake!

oh well.. I think it captures the moment, and need I say it's quite effective! assisted in smothering any of my ideas of parking my bike into a car.

·
Ride to you limits
1,220 Posts
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
mommy make this go away

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re-carbon-copied photocopy of a post ...
... and still giving members of this site a hard-on!

... ah well, better than another 'rider down' post I guess!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts