BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big 'busa

3K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  adamantium 
#1 ·
:evilgrin Hi,

Im probably going to buy a 600RR this season, but I was wondering what year the busas became fuel injected because this is another bike I would like to buy if the first gen EFI BUSAS are around the price of a new RR

thanks
:)

G
#5 ·
troyjohn,

you sound a lot like someone i knew that wanted to get into riding. never been on a bike before, but he wanted the biggest baddest fastest most powerful bike going. at the time, it was the bus. he wanted it just to be flashy, to be able to say he had "the best of the best". all he wanted really was to be head and shoulders above everyone else. had he bought the bike, he would have either binned it on the way home, or it would have sat in the garage beside his supercharged datsun roadster and collected dust.

#11 ·
Busa's are big, ugly (IMO) and who needs to go that fast anyway.
I know if I had that kinda power when I was younger I wouldn't be here right now. I like bikes with a little character, and to me the Busa doen't have any.
600RR looks like it would be fun to ride though.

#13 ·
doug said:
troyjohn,

you sound a lot like someone i knew that wanted to get into riding. never been on a bike before, but he wanted the biggest baddest fastest most powerful bike going. at the time, it was the bus. he wanted it just to be flashy, to be able to say he had "the best of the best". all he wanted really was to be head and shoulders above everyone else. had he bought the bike, he would have either binned it on the way home, or it would have sat in the garage beside his supercharged datsun roadster and collected dust.

:lurking storymandoug:

you sound like a pecker muncher

#15 ·
You just have to get used to doug's particular brand of humour. Being a first time poster troyjohn, you haven't been able to warm up to our resident cantankerous crank yet. :D

#16 · (Edited)
well your story is fiction to start this would definately not be my first bike. As you can see in my profile I had a cb750c. And I dont own any import cars.

the thing you got right is that I would like to OWN a big bad bike, but who wouldnt?

the only thing thats hurting is your story

oh and I looked at your pictures and my statement of you being a pecker muncher is now solely based on your pictures.:laughing :laughing and not your story which had no relevance to my post whatsoever.

G
#17 ·
where did i say it was your first bike? i simply stated you remind me of someone who is all about bling and not substance. it just so happens that the person in question had never been on a bike before. small difference, same MO overall.

there are plenty of people that have no need for a big bad bike. they don't need a penis extension. you seem to, since you wanted a tricked out r1 for pocket change, and practically shot loads over a scam ad for a bus.

the pictures i have of pocketbikes have little relevance to your desire to show off for the world. they were another time, and another place. you had nothing to do with that time and place. many people here did, and enjoyed what we did with them. it wasn't showing off, thats for sure. if you are so disturbed by images of my former hobby, i'll take them down to save you from further pain.

#19 ·
+1 for Doug.

But thats only b/c Im one who appreciates the art of riding and dont care much for the image. Im not saying its bad to like "badass" machines, they're just not for me.

Troyjohn, sorry, but your posts come across as though you're a 19yr. old newbie, regardless of the truth in that. Many of us have probably been there at one time or another, but this is how the responses fly around here to those sorts of posts.

It seems BCSB is quite Elitist.

#23 ·
I don't see why everyone hates the busa so much. Everyone talks about them like there a giant GoldWing sized Sportsbike.
I finally saw one up close at Richmond Motorsport, and it didnt seem all that big at all.
For the Right price, I think I would consider getting one... eventually. I think the R1 is sexier though. :)

Ryan

#24 ·
Heh, I s'pose we all gotta take these postings with a grain of salt for all the attitude flying about.

My personal opinion, I think the Hayabusa is a cool bike, I guess 'cuz I thought it was a cool bike when I was younger, and it's legendary. My cup of tea. :) To each his own, I guess! Plus, the pashnit guy rides it. :)

#26 ·
doug said:
troyjohn,

Come on doug be honest now, this "guy that you knew" is really you isnt it. Dont be afraid to come clean to us. By the way how's the Datsun doin'?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.