BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
21 - 40 of 177 Posts
It's that time. I need some oooiiilll for my motorbike

Motul a good one to go with? If so, what's a place with the best prices?
Bayside sells/used to sell "Motul". In quotations because the jugs were not the normally
shaped Motul containers .... the square ones. They sell "Motul" labelled containers
that are the traditionally shaped North American containers. Very strange to my eyes.

But I use Rotella T6 in the Ape and the wifes 696. Yay for Canadian Tire!

Motul is fine, it's mostly what I've been using for ages with nary a complaint. I'd go grab it from Mspeed.

I know riders using Rotella. I use Motul 7100, and Motul Expert for fork oil, coolant, chain lube. For many years now.

i hate Motul chain lube. Maxima Chain wax is the bomb.

Should I replace the crush washer for my 3 drain plugs every time I do a oil change?
Since they only cost a few pennies, why wouldn't you want to?

And Maxima wax is tops.

Since they only cost a few pennies, why wouldn't you want to?

And Maxima wax is tops.
Took my old ones off and they didn't look out of shape at all. stacked them on top of my new ones and they are exactly the same. I have re used them 3 times now with no leakage.

with maxima chain wax, i have done over 8,000 km's with only 2 adjustments. not bad. on all my other bikes I would of done 4 or 5 adjustments by now.

Quote-with maxima chain wax, i have done over 8,000 km's with only 2 adjustments. not bad. on all my other bikes I would of done 4 or 5 adjustments by now.[/QUOTE]

So this is your evidence that Maxima is superior to Motul Factory?

Hey people, im buying new tires this month for my Yamaha r6 2007. Any suggestions what the best brand/type would be? I dont ride in the rain and mostly locally some twisty rides here and there, not too worried about the price. Planning on getting a 190 for rear and stock 120 for front. What have you all used?

Took my old ones off and they didn't look out of shape at all. stacked them on top of my new ones and they are exactly the same. I have re used them 3 times now with no leakage.

Leakage is one. The other consideration is tightening torque. If you are confident that you are not over tightening, then you are golden. Just remember aluminum alloy has fatigue life, and fatigue life drop dramatically when stressed beyond a certain threshold. It is easier to torque down correctly with a new washer.

Leakage is one. The other consideration is tightening torque. If you are confident that you are not over tightening, then you are golden. Just remember aluminum alloy has fatigue life, and fatigue life drop dramatically when stressed beyond a certain threshold. It is easier to torque down correctly with a new washer.
I know I replace them... The crush washers on the drz aren't like the ones on sport bikes. these are more like steel washers not aluminum washers. only replace them ever 2-3 oil changes.

I know I replace them... The crush washers on the drz aren't like the ones on sport bikes. these are more like steel washers not aluminum washers. only replace them ever 2-3 oil changes.
I was referring to the drain plug hole material (ie. aluminum alloy oil pan drain plug hole). In other words, stripping would be a possibility in the future even if it was not overtightened by a whole lot. That's is what fatigue life is about.

If you are careful, it does not have to be an issue. I reuse crush washers. However, I am careful that I don't over-tighten. Every 2 or 3 oil changes sounds reasonable to me. Experience will be an asset here.

Hey people, im buying new tires this month for my Yamaha r6 2007. Any suggestions what the best brand/type would be? I dont ride in the rain and mostly locally some twisty rides here and there, not too worried about the price. Planning on getting a 190 for rear and stock 120 for front. What have you all used?
Great question to ask in the thread titled the "BIG OIL THREAD".

21 - 40 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.