BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 60 of 177 Posts
I use a Scott Billet re-useable filter.

No mention of hi flo, been using them for a long time.
But then there's no mention of the Varadero either, so what can they know..

Quote-with maxima chain wax, i have done over 8,000 km's with only 2 adjustments. not bad. on all my other bikes I would of done 4 or 5 adjustments by now.
So this is your evidence that Maxima is superior to Motul Factory?[/QUOTE]

I think it's his evidence that he's too lazy to adjust his chain as often as he used to.

Ok, so Motorcycle oil vs Car oil?

Went to CT and all they had was Motorcycle Mobile 1 10w40 synthetic in the 1L bottles (I actually need 5w40). Unfortunately they didn't have anything else.

Do people use that Rotella engine oil in their bikes? I've always used Dino oil or semi synthetic for my other bikes and never had a problem, but the K1300R is in a different class than what I've owned before.....

Went to CT and all they had was Motorcycle Mobile 1 10w40 synthetic in the 1L bottles (I actually need 5w40). Unfortunately they didn't have anything else.

Do people use that Rotella engine oil in their bikes? I've always used Dino oil or semi synthetic for my other bikes and never had a problem, but the K1300R is in a different class than what I've owned before.....
I use dino Rotella 10W40 in the cbr and it works fine. Never dealt with synth before...

Actually Rotella is a diesel oil ... :laughing

Use it and be happy, Canadian Tire has the regular dino oil and Wally World has the Synth, both are JASCO MA certified and not expensive.

If you want an inexpensive M/C specific oil Canadian Tire usually has Castrol M/C for about 5 or 6 bux liter... or their own Moto Master brand, nothing wrong with either of them.

... and really the best oil is the oil you change regularily...

Just a heads up for you Rotella Users, Advanced Auto Parts, selling for $11 a jug

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...T3_0_0_0&cm_mmc=aff-_-cj-_-4485850-_-10711125

Coupon code "dow9"

Check out and pick up in store to avoid shipping fees
Here's my breakdown from receipt:
Order Summary
Product Subtotal: $22.99
Discounts: -$6.90
Shipping Charges: $0.00
Total: $16.09

Submit rebate online for $5 to make it $11.09

http://www.shell.com/rotella/promotions/t6-spring-promotion.html

AFAIK, Advance Auto Parts is an eastern chain, and they don't ship this item, either. And the rebate is available only in the USA.

I've seen it at CT for a decent price, during oil sales. Good prices on car oil as well. I've seen this oil for sale at marine shop across from the Brit MC dealer on Powell St.

AFAIK, Advance Auto Parts is an eastern chain, and they don't ship this item, either. And the rebate is available only in the USA.
Doh my bad. Back to wally world for $23 a jug.

Actually Rotella is a diesel oil ... :laughing

Use it and be happy, Canadian Tire has the regular dino oil and Wally World has the Synth, both are JASCO MA certified and not expensive.

If you want an inexpensive M/C specific oil Canadian Tire usually has Castrol M/C for about 5 or 6 bux liter... or their own Moto Master brand, nothing wrong with either of them.

... and really the best oil is the oil you change regularily...

CT has the Shell Rotella 15-40 5 litre jugs on sale right now for $19.99. JASO MA

Last year I scored a great deal on semi synth oil and a new helmet at Kreator in Kelowna. I bought 8 litres of Semi Synth Castrol 20/50 m/c oil and anew flip front helmet for roughly $88 taxes in. The lid was 75% off and they took and additional 75% off at the till! The oil was $5 litre.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough as I was sure they had f'ed up.

That's all I got to add.

The lid was about $40 pre tax and regular price I think was $175? I even questioned her, as I fear karma. Nope, that was the price: 75% off and another 75% at the till.

The oil was a smoking deal. I cleaned him out. If he'd more than 8 I would've taken them all. The clutch in the Triumph can be picky too but so far it likes this oil.

The lid was about $40 pre tax and regular price I think was $175? I even questioned her, as I fear karma. Nope, that was the price: 75% off and another 75% at the till.

The oil was a smoking deal. I cleaned him out. If he'd more than 8 I would've taken them all. The clutch in the Triumph can be picky too but so far it likes this oil.
You have to jump on these "calculating errors". I once showed up at a garage warehouse of a retiring ELF dealer in Vancouver. I bought 16- 12 litre cases of oil at his asking price of $3.90/litre, for ELF 15w-50 full synthetic JASO MA/APIspec SG bike oil. Sold 75% of it on Craig's for 10$/litre. Didn't have to buy any for 5 yrs.

41 - 60 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.