BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
right on viewpoint. as Ryan points out, the future of the electric motorcycle already exists: the electric bicycle!

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,861 Posts
talking fossils said:
...But the great obstacle to the development of the automobile was the lack of public interest. To advocate replacing the horse, which had served man through centuries, marked one as an imbecile. Things are very different today. But in the ’(18)90s, even though I had a successful bicycle business, and was building my first car in the privacy of the cellar in my home, I began to be pointed out as “the fool who is fiddling with a buggy that will run without being hitched to a horse.” My banker called on me to say: “Winton, I am disappointed in you.”

That riled me, but I held my temper as I asked, “What’s the matter with you?” He bellowed: “There’s nothing the matter with me. It’s you! You’re crazy if you think this fool contraption you’ve been wasting your time on will ever displace the horse.

From my pocket I took a clipping from the New York World of November 17, 1895, and asked him to read it. He brushed it aside. I insisted. It was an interview with Thomas A. Edison: “Talking of horseless carriage suggests to my mind that the horse is doomed. The bicycle, which, 10 years ago, was a curiosity, is now a necessity. It is found everywhere. Ten years from now you will be able to buy a horseless vehicle for what you would pay today for a wagon and a pair of horses. The money spent in the keep of the horses will be saved and the danger to life will be much reduced.”

“It is only a question of a short time when the carriages and trucks of every large city will be run by motors. The expense of keeping and feeding horses in a great city like New York is very heavy, and all this will be done away with. You must remember that every invention of this kind which is made adds to the general wealth by introducing a new system of greater economy of force. A great invention which facilitates commerce, enriches a country just as much as the discovery of vast hoards of gold.”

The banker threw back the clipping and snorted, “Another inventor talking.”

still early.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Electric 4-wheel vehicles are barely out of diapers, a bit early to call the death of e-motorcycles.

Build "expensive, performance oriented" and the ones that sell are "cheap, small" sounds just like when the original Telsa roadster and Nissan Leaf were around. Give it some time.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Doser's latest thread title is more apt for this thread.

I'll assume you
1] Disagree, that electric motorcycle sales are as good as electric cars, that sales figures around the world are false.
2] Are desperate attempt at pressing buttons.
3] Secretly have an electric "touring motorcycle" and long for those great 95km round trip day tours.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,861 Posts
huh, short list, missing some standard-steve options. must have been pressed on time, ...let's help him finish that thought;

4: too much soy
5: marxist indoctrination
6: CCP programming
7: Anarchy

·
Registered
18,894 Posts
I don't think there's too much need to cater to a small percentage of road users who fuel up and ride around for days on end just for $hits and giggles. The future is not in touring on a motorcycle, that's for sure.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, Ryan at Fortnine called it, not me. There is no denying the utter sales failure of the electric motorcycle. Electric assist bicycles? Boom time.
I repair Tesla’s. I see the trend. First hand.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

·
backslider
11,344 Posts
ps: It's good to see some wit, humor, and (generally) friendly banter on here again ...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ps: It's good to see some wit, humor, and (generally) friendly banter on here again ...
Not sure if your being sarcastic or other.
I offer a video on electric motorcycle sales figures, the little boys get all uppity. Gonna have to do this more often.
Actually spotted a dead Tesla yesterday outside Pemberton, car owners waiting around it. Couldn’t help but think battery reserves had run out. Tesla can diagnose and fix anything else electrical via satellite roadside.

·
lover of twins
6,128 Posts
Like a few others said, I think it's still a bit early for electric motorcycles. Judging from the video content it's mostly a clickbait vid imo

·
backslider
11,344 Posts
nope - not sarcastic, actually ... as even some spirited back and forth vollies of insults and banter seem to be reviving this forum a tad ...

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,861 Posts
Lol, that’s your short list not mine.
care to wager on this? $100. Advanced Search. Find ONE instance where my usage of these words outnumber yours. Go ahead, I'll wait. Get your grandkids to help you when you can't figure it out.

Spoiler alert: you owe me $100

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
care to wager on this? $100. Advanced Search. Find ONE instance where my usage of these words outnumber yours. Go ahead, I'll wait. Get your grandkids to help you when you can't figure it out.

Spoiler alert: you owe me $100
You’re boring. I never wager. I invest. You are not an investment. Lithium. Cobalt. Copper. Yes, the future is electric. Yes, the future is oil. Enbridge line 3. It all go. Little fellows like yourself cannot live without plastic. Polyester. Rubber. Paint.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts