BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for the first weekend in Vancouver where it was super warm and beautiful, I was stuck inside... all day... all weekend... *sob* The irony of it all is killing me, especially since I rode ALL WINTER and I've been WAITING to be able to wear shorts under my riding pants!!!!!!

I did get to go for a nice ride this evening tho, so that sort of made up for it... Kierston and I went along Marine Drive in North Van all the way to the ferry terminal. For those who haven't done it, I highly reccomend it!! It was stunningly beautiful!

It could also be an alternative instead of the highway on the way up to Squamish!

I just wanted to rant about being stuck inside all weekend (I was doing my standard first aid and they wouldn't even open the frickin BLINDS because we kept watching videos!!). Anyone else share my pain?

--Allison

·
Juicy
146 Posts
Share your pain huh.... I was inside all damn day today!!! I musta saw a million riders go by!

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
oh i feel yer pain girlfriends, i was out early sat morning riding up to earl's cove,, and today up early again, fer a rip to squamish for coffee,, then back down to the bike show in tsawassen. then i came home to a fridge full of sleemans. it was a hard weekend, i hope you can sympathize, as riding all day in sunny weather can take its toll on you:evilgrin

D

·
0 Posts
i sat in my back yard and did nothing.

and i was perfectly content in doing so.

·
The Band-Aid Bike
212 Posts
....had to ride to harrison on sat.. then had to ride to squamish on sun. it was soooooooo warm and sunny!!!!! yep, i share your pain allison!!!!! .... my cheeks are a bit sunburnt and hurt a little hee hee hee!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enger said:
....had to ride to harrison on sat.. then had to ride to squamish on sun. it was soooooooo warm and sunny!!!!! yep, i share your pain allison!!!!! .... my cheeks are a bit sunburnt and hurt a little hee hee hee!
*hate*

;)

We need to go to Harrison's! I've never been there!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Allison said:
*hate*

;)

We need to go to Harrison's! I've never been there!!
Allison TAKE ME TAKE ME! We need to get some more EX500 rides goin, while I still have mine!!:rockon
All I hear about is how great of a ride it is, when I get home from work on Saturday and Sundays from the bf...:imwithstu

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Allison said:
So, for the first weekend in Vancouver where it was super warm and beautiful, I was stuck inside... all day... all weekend... *sob* The irony of it all is killing me, especially since I rode ALL WINTER and I've been WAITING to be able to wear shorts under my riding pants!!!!!!

I did get to go for a nice ride this evening tho, so that sort of made up for it... Kierston and I went along Marine Drive in North Van all the way to the ferry terminal. For those who haven't done it, I highly reccomend it!! It was stunningly beautiful!

It could also be an alternative instead of the highway on the way up to Squamish!

I just wanted to rant about being stuck inside all weekend (I was doing my standard first aid and they wouldn't even open the frickin BLINDS because we kept watching videos!!). Anyone else share my pain?

--Allison

Riding down there is nice if your at the speed limit or slightly under. I've never seen that amount of police before and complaints phoned in. They don't like bikes on that road.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
5thgear said:
Riding down there is nice if your at the speed limit or slightly under. I've never seen that amount of police before and complaints phoned in. They don't like bikes on that road.

They can suck it, then... ;)

I ride an EX500 and Kierston rides a 600 Honda Hornet, so they're not LOUD bikes!!

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
5thgear said:
I rode to west van on Monday morning... Got off the upper levels at Caufield, went down to Marine. It was a nice little bit of morning twisties until the bozo in the BMW pulled out in front of me from a sidestreet. I was riding the limit +/- 5km/h. He stuck it at 30km/h all the way to Horseshoe Bay, and traffic coming the other way wouldn't let me pass even on the long straight stretches (nor would he speed up). Focker.

Still, it beat sitting in the office on a Monday morning while the sun was shining on the pavement. :)

And the best part: I get to do it again tomorrow. :thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts