·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
but it's a tradition to glamorize and exploit past crimes

"hooray for Hollywood"

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That is one seriously messed up chick. Eastern Canada can keep her.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:rolleyes It's sad that somebody -nevermind their declared intentions- is going to make money off yet another tragedy. The fine line of what's socially acceptable can be thin, I realize, but this movie is akin to playing on -and benefitting from- how people slow down for a closer look at a car accident. We know it's wrong but we [human kind] can't seem to NOT look. This time, it's clear there are vultures are actually hoping we'll slow down to see what we can see...

In a familiar twist, now that the movie 'Karla' has been made, I hear calls in defense of it under the banner of 'free speech' [in letting it proceed and/or be promoted with ads]. Well, to those who kick and scream at how we ought not block such a movie: Under the aegis of 'free speech' is our right to our -subjective- opinions about what's being 'spoken'. Following that right is our privilege to support or decline acceptance of what's presented. In this case, someone made this movie citing 'free speech'. Someone else blocked its potential for success by pulling the promotional ads, again citing free speech.

I hope the movie will bomb... and that too is free speech. Mine. ;)

:drinkbeer

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm surprised that the redhead from "That 70's Show" actually took this potential career killing role.....I wonder what her agent said to her to convince her it would be a good career move?

Remember when the redhead was suddenly a blonde on "That 70's Show" ?

It was during the filming of the Homolka story, where she played the lead.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She probably had no understanding how deep this cut into the Canadian people. Atrocities like this are not uncommon in the States. Just another story to her.

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Unbelieveable, disgusting.

If we had the death penalty here (or maybe forced hard labour) I dont think this would be an issue right now.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, I don't think it will ever happen in these political correct times but the death penalty is a completey viable solution in my opinion.

F

·
0 Posts
BMR said:
I'm surprised that the redhead from "That 70's Show" actually took this potential career killing role.....I wonder what her agent said to her to convince her it would be a good career move?
lol are you kiddin me ,,do you think anybody in the states where the money is made is even gonna watch ? all they need to hear is it was made in canada and its off to south park .

·
Registered
361 Posts
well, i for one have to see it. i haven't seen any ads for it or nothin, but whenever the topic is brought up and i ask "who's she?" ... people look at me and say "shes one [email protected]#$ up chick..." and dont talk about it. i guess i could look it up. but why would i read a bunch of dry news articles when i can see the hollywood souped up for entertainment's sake version!?

·
???????
908 Posts
kuldip said:
Agreed, I don't think it will ever happen in these political correct times but the death penalty is a completey viable solution in my opinion.

I don't know about the death penalty...... But I'd like to see stocks brought back for repeat car thiefs!!! Maybe canning too.

·
Bohica
2,801 Posts
saw the ad for the movie tonight and i think my jaw dropped ... making that movie is sickening and disgusting. Some ppl have no morals. No way am I watching that crap.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm not going to watch it but I wonder who the advertisers are?

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
spinster said:
but why would i read a bunch of dry news articles when i can see the hollywood souped up for entertainment's sake version!?
I pray to God this is tongue in cheek.

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Defaulthonda said:
I don't know about the death penalty...... But I'd like to see stocks brought back for repeat car thiefs!!! Maybe canning too.
I agree... caning would be a wonderful, wonderful thing. Either that or forced labour camps. Criminals in jail should be punished, not coddled. There's a problem when society's 'correctional' attempts are producing repeat offenders.

·
???????
908 Posts
Kakashi said:
I agree... caning would be a wonderful, wonderful thing. Either that or forced labour camps. Criminals in jail should be punished, not coddled. There's a problem when society's 'correctional' attempts are producing repeat offenders.
I think that jail should be saved for only the most dangerous of Criminals and it should be a place that people don't get out of that often.
I think that first or second time offenders for smaller crimes should be forgiven and given training programs/court ordered Detox programs so that if they want they can become contributing members of society, this is the "correctional" phase. Continue to reoffend and you get beatings, severe beatings. As most people know this is the punishment system of the streets and it's highly effective!

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
ok, i'm one of those immigrants, so this it the first time i hear about the story. How's it different from any other serial-killer goes to hollywood type movies?

·
huh?!??!
129 Posts
feel so sad for the families that have to re-live the tragedy over and over again

1 - 20 of 21 Posts