BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I believe the article is incorrect, liability insurance is not required for crown land., its only needed if crossing public roads at designated crossings

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Liability insurance not needed for crown land??? I think you better have another look at this situation. Absolutely, liability is needed for crown land FSR roads. That's why the government brought that in, because idiots that crash on crown land were suing the government. You've had to have minimum $200,000 3rd party liability for a few years now.

If I can offer the point of criticism to this link, is the lack of clarity regarding the one time plate fee/yearly plate fee which will have to be on the fender of the bike. Also, I may add, that there is strong rumour that the RCMP is going to be in the bush checking for plate and insurance, AND, a class 6 drivers endorsement!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
If your travelling down a FSR on crown land you need to be registered and insured just like any paved provincial road. This new ORV registration is needing the liability as it will now be legal to cross an fsr or other road at a designated spot( of witch there are none at this point) if one chooses to do so. Also recommending liability at the staging areas where you unload and load in case of accident .
As usual it's a cluster [email protected]&k at his point with insurance providers , law enforcement and the public all confused on the particulars of the new legislation . The simple fact you only need this new plate on crown or public land. When 80% of BC is probably private makes for a huge mistake in the first place , and obliterates any hope changing the huge market of stolen orv"s

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your travelling down a FSR on crown land you need to be registered and insured just like any paved provincial road. This new ORV registration is needing the liability as it will now be legal to cross an fsr or other road at a designated spot( of witch there are none at this point) if one chooses to do so. Also recommending liability at the staging areas where you unload and load in case of accident .
As usual it's a cluster [email protected]&k at his point with insurance providers , law enforcement and the public all confused on the particulars of the new legislation . The simple fact you only need this new plate on crown or public land. When 80% of BC is probably private makes for a huge mistake in the first place , and obliterates any hope changing the huge market of stolen orv"s
OK, so now you need liability insurance? Must hurt sitting on that fence.

Anyways, yes, I agree that this system is not the best for trying to get rid of offroad vehicle theft. I totally agree with this as a start though. It will help in getting total inbred single brain celled idiots off bikes and back into their Toyota Corrollas where they belong.

·
slower then you
16 Posts
To add to the clusterf##k that this legislation truly is, the government still hasn't addressed how these tin plates are to be mounted to bikes that were not designed for them. BCORMA is trying to negotiate to have stickers instead of plates as that is the standard in many states that require registration of off-road vehicles.

This legislation will not make one iota of difference to stop redneck hillbillys from their hillbilly-ing. Insurance and helmets have been required on FSR's for years, I have always carried insurance for my dirt bike just to cover my own ass. Look at the shit show that is Stave on any given weekend and you'll see how little that crowd cares about the laws that are already in place.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To add to the clusterf##k that this legislation truly is, the government still hasn't addressed how these tin plates are to be mounted to bikes that were not designed for them. BCORMA is trying to negotiate to have stickers instead of plates as that is the standard in many states that require registration of off-road vehicles.

This legislation will not make one iota of difference to stop redneck hillbillys from their hillbilly-ing. Insurance and helmets have been required on FSR's for years, I have always carried insurance for my dirt bike just to cover my own ass. Look at the shit show that is Stave on any given weekend and you'll see how little that crowd cares about the laws that are already in place.
True enough. There is a higher % of Redneck-ness north of the Fraser River though.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
ok ive had a long day at work .. so i might be abit retarded .. so does this mean we can plate our dirt bikes with normal insurance and ride on the highway or its just for crossing the highway ?

·
Registered
542 Posts
No,it means with after you register your dirtbike you can purchase an liability package from ICRC that covers you when you load- unload your bike at a staging area, and will be covered at AUTHORIZED road crossings (none have been designated yet)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts