BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slowpoke
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone provide the exact locations for riding "the loop"? This is the one that starts off on HWY99 to pemberton etc. I haven't done it before, but wanted to get to know it a little better in case I decide to ride this route.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
It's really pretty easy. Go to Whistler, keep going, through Pemberton (next town), take the sign to Lilloette (sp?), and then tape the sign that says Hope, then take the sign that says Vancouver...

It's dead simple. :D

Although I did take a wrong turn myself (or lack of a turn) in Pemberton and was getting some funny looks from some of the locals.. :D

·
Slowpoke
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
absolutdm said:
It's really pretty easy. Go to Whistler, keep going, through Pemberton (next town), take the sign to Lilloette (sp?), and then tape the sign that says Hope, then take the sign that says Vancouver...

It's dead simple. :D

Although I did take a wrong turn myself (or lack of a turn) in Pemberton and was getting some funny looks from some of the locals.. :D

B

·
0 Posts
It is a solid 1/2 day+ of straight riding (about 500km's I think) but you will want to take the better part of a day to do it 'cause the scenery is gorgeous and you'll want to rest up, eat, etc. along the way. Last year, I left around 11:30am, and got back into Vancouver at around midnight. I wouldn't recommend leaving any later than 10am, I kinda sucked riding through hope, chiliwack, and all those places when i got cold.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I think it's more like 8 hours. I had breakfast at 8:30am downtown Vancouver, had lunch in Lilouette at around 12ish, and was back home at around 6pm. With about an hour worth of breaks in there (including lunch).

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
It's on the list of must do rides this year. Those directions were a little simplistic, but they're fairly accurate. Just don't continue on Hwy 99 when you leave Lilooet or you'll end up in Clinton. Head south on Hwy 12 from Lilooet to Lytton, then West on Hwy 1 throught the Fraser Canyon. I gotta tell you that it's much better going counter-clockwise, that way you get the boring bit out of the way quickly, and you don't feel as tired. Plus the corners going from Yale to Lytton are somehow better that the other way.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
As soon as we get some warm weather and the gravel has gone......it's off to the loop!:devillook

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I cant wait cause that is one trip I have not done and will hold the record as my longest trip to date.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts