BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me I have these magic numbers I go by on the speedo for freeway (or for the nutters city) riding. Seems like I don't have to look down for them.

<100 don't matter

120 - I'm keeping up with traffic but a little boring :eek:
140 - Must start tucking as my 130 pounds will start edging off the bike :)
160 - Covering good ground, smooth sailing, reasonable distance to make judgements and I feel nice and relaxed. Contemplate running if I see lights. :cool
200 - Dotted line is now a straight line :D
>240 - Better hope you have tunnel vision and it's a clear road. Don't feel comfortable at these speeds for too long. :eek

You guys have similar numbers?

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
straight line speed is boring.

through corners, 120+ is where the fun kicks in.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
straight line is only good when you are getting kicked backed into your seat and doing 220+ :)

gotta love the sound of a bike when it's redlining in each gear :) :) :rider

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
gotta love the sound of a bike when it's redlining in each gear :) :) :rider
Yeah, you gotta love starting from a (near) standstill, and just banging all the way up through the gears as fast as you can. That's the only way I really get a rush through the straightline stuff. :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Straight line speed is boring, high speed corners is where it is at. There is a group that I have heard of that never go over 120 but they maintain that speed through the turns as well as the straights.

Best place to get a ticket is on a straight stretch of road anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
120 everywhere, I wish I could make myself go that speed. Also what about those nice long sweeping corners you can take at 160 +? Mmmmmmm, I love those corners!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whew! Man, the other day I got my bike UP TO 120kph. It kicked ass! I got scared and slowed down though.

:D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
mikey_zx6r said:
Whew! Man, the other day I got my bike UP TO 120kph. It kicked ass! I got scared and slowed down though.

:D
Man, you need some old clubman bars and a little moon shaped Lexan fairing for just over the headlight. That 650 with a couple of simple cafe racer mods would look so cool. And a couple of aftermarket mods would probably make it handle confidently although it'll never scare one of these new plastic racer wannabe's........ :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMatthews said:

Man, you need some old clubman bars and a little moon shaped Lexan fairing for just over the headlight. That 650 with a couple of simple cafe racer mods would look so cool. And a couple of aftermarket mods would probably make it handle confidently although it'll never scare one of these new plastic racer wannabe's........ :)
Actually my bike is kinda cafe'd. The pic I have on the site here is NOT my bike. I keep getting sidetracked (riding) instead of getting my pics taken and uploaded anywhere.

My bike has "superbike" bars, which are like flat track bars. They're VERY wide and fairly low. Way more comfy than clubmans, and I think more stylish. I have a National Cycle flyscreen which looks awesome and of course bar end mirrors. I know everyone here loves the sportbikes, but mine's at least sport-y.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts