·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Get to da choppah!
1,133 Posts
Tattoodles said:
Just as fast as that Bugatti (which incidentally cost 1,700,000 U$) but is under 20 grand.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573

0-60 in under 3 seconds. No body or windscreen. Blows
your face off while it sucks your brain out. And it's
affordable! Gimme gimme!
not only that, but its a repost too! ;)

I do love that car though. One day, it WILL be mine!

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
I was just telling somebody about it today.

old repost, but best kart ever :thumbup

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Where can you get one for under 20gs? Cuz I believe they are around 60Gs usd or more. I love that car though its sweet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
PUREVIL said:
Where can you get one for under 20gs? Cuz I believe they are around 60Gs usd or more. I love that car though its sweet.
i think thats in UK pounds...more than double what our currency is worth

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Your're gonna have to bump up the price if you want that skin peeling goodness. Still pretty enticing. The pricing shown is in US currency.

EDIT: After I added just the essentials to get it where I would want it, with the 300hp engine, track brakes, roll bar, slightly better seats, a cover -- the cost came to $52,000 USD or around 60 grand CDN with today's kind of exchange rate.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Scheme said:
Didn't it have a civic type R engine in the UK version? Maybe that was on an old model
no kidding!
the US version having GM powerplants instead of Honda ones kinda puts a damper on the appeal (a little)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That is so awesome.

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Tattoodles said:
Just as fast as that Bugatti (which incidentally cost 1,700,000 U$) but is under 20 grand.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573

0-60 in under 3 seconds. No body or windscreen. Blows
your face off while it sucks your brain out. And it's
affordable! Gimme gimme!

You cant compare that to the Bugatti Veyron...the Veyron wasnt just made for acceleration....but top speed as well. Can this Atom go 252mph...the answer: No, not even close!

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
There's a similar video with a Lotus Exige (yes I want one) being chased by an Apache helicopter gun ship. I think it's the same British driver. Sorry, I forgot the link, anyone seen it?

The Lotus oversteers though, as a sports car should.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Scheme said:
Didn't it have a civic type R engine in the UK version? Maybe that was on an old model
OH fuck I didn't even notice that. Thats odd cuz on their site it shows a race version thats powered by Honda. If I had to get one I'd get a NA version with a Honda motor and let me friend build the motor like in his teg. 540 WHP and hes shooting for 600 plus... must be doing something right the car hasn't blown up or broke any axles in the last 2 years. Clutches thats a different story :D

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dropping a 600 horse mill into a 500 kilo kart like the Atom would alter the fabric of the space/time universe. You just can't have more horse than kilos.

It would be 0-60 in negative 2 seconds. You'd be younger when you arrived at your destination than when you left.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
Tattoodles said:
Dropping a 600 horse mill into a 500 kilo kart like the Atom would alter the fabric of the space/time universe. You just can't have more horse than kilos.

It would be 0-60 in negative 2 seconds. You'd be younger when you arrived at your destination than when you left.
:laughing :laughing :laughing awesome

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Tattoodles said:

Perfect cuz I wanna get back to 29 again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts