BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vroom Vroom!
44 Posts
Any #gixxernation fans out there?

Apparently the new 2014 Suzuki GSXR 600 was released last week, and it looks sexy!

Looks like Suzuki partnered up with Yoshimura, because it comes with a stock Yoshi exhaust!

What are you thoughts?

Take a look-see:

·
Vroom Vroom!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally hate the front end...it's so....fat.

I still liked the K8-K10 flower look overall.

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
You know, you can put a paper bag over an ugly face, and if that doesn't work for you?
You can draw a cuter face on that paper bag to your hearts content, but the fact of the matter is, there is still an ugly face under that bag!

Same bike, with some upgrades that were needed anyhow.
I like the K6 and K7 for looks and for not having all the crap that came with the bikes there after.
When it comes to 600's I like Honda.

·
aka gxr-nxr
231 Posts
That's identical to my 2011, and I believe they got a visual change for 2013... I think that's just an old model with a yosh pipe thrown on. The black/white one right beside it even has the stock exhaust.

·
track hack
2,017 Posts
That's identical to my 2011, and I believe they got a visual change for 2013... I think that's just an old model with a yosh pipe thrown on. The black/white one right beside it even has the stock exhaust.
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Not even BNG, just a Yosh slip on with a silencer in it, I bet the OEM unit actually sounds nicer than that one.

The past 6-7 years the 600 class has turned from a 2 year development cycle to a 4-6 year cycle with MAYBE a refresher in there to tidy up some shortcomings but for '14 the Zook is still unchanged since '11 I believe.

'06/'07 were damn near identical to the '08-'10 models, then '11 onwards there was basically BPF forks, low-spec Brembo brakes, and minor tweaks but a nice 20lb weight drop - the '14 is the same bike.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
didnt they also tweak something in the engine to reduce mechanical power loss? or was that only on 750?

·
track hack
2,017 Posts
didnt they also tweak something in the engine to reduce mechanical power loss? or was that only on 750?
Quite possibly, they did a lot of little things with the '11 model to improve it and both the 600 and 750 got the same treatment of course and both are great bikes.

·
15,773 Posts
probably still comes with the cat anyways.

·
15,773 Posts
exactly. so what's the point besides looks?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts