BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God I feel stupid.... of all the things Ive done I cant believe I lowsided tonight. But it was a perfect formula for a crash. I had a day permit good until midnight.... and it was 1130 so I thought shit I better go home. So I leave and ride down a few blocks and stop at the intersection. I pull out lean over give some gas.... oh shit the back starts to slide..... and boom down shes goes. I didn't even give it alot of gas either! I almost caught it but it slide out to far. I've gotten on the gas harder than that before and its never went out so it had to be the cold tires. I feel stupid cuz I wasn't thinking and I shouldn't have been riding anyways its like 0 degrees. In the end I guess Im lucky... minor damage, low speed, Im ok, no traffic, it is the perfect crash. I just feel stupid though cuz I wasnt thinking about my tires I was thinking about making it home on time.

Im fine, my hip is swore and my knee is scrapped but no blood was drawn. Thank god for gear! So in summary..... 1000cc + cold tires + in a hurry + not in the right frame of mind = crash!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea its totally my fault, I can admit that. I wasn't thinking I was in a hurry which is not where you wanna be with cold tires and cold ground. Just had a mind lapse.

The bike is all cosmetic... and a cracked case. The frame has some scraps but nothing major. Going to have a closer look tomorrow. I already had rearsets on order and again I was lucky because it wasnt the exhaust side. Last time I had a accident was 2 years ago in feb, but that wasn't my fault I got cut off. So Atomlowe and I decided that no more riding in feb. and no more riding for me until its warm at night hahaha.

·
Magyar ember
431 Posts
Good to hear your ok, nothing hurt but your pride! Shitty about the bike, it was probably like riding on bowling balls! I'm sure you will be alot more pissed tomorrow when you wake up!:banghead

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BIG_PERM said:
Good to hear your ok, nothing hurt but your pride! Shitty about the bike, it was probably like riding on bowling balls! I'm sure you will be alot more pissed tomorrow when you wake up!:banghead
Tomorrow? No Im pretty pissed right now. HAHAHA

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
shit dude... atleast your ok... now think of all the customizing you can do!!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAHAHA I was pretty happy with the way my bike was though to be honest hahaha.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't have a camera with me. I'll see about tomorrow.

·
1,000 Posts
rip rider..... uh i mean .... HAHA

you should ask gawd about his recent incident with cold tires

but seriously tho, good to hear your ok and the bike isnt too badly damaged

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh god dont start the RIP stuff..... wait I dont know if thats really funny at this point?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chumly said:
Happens to us all :(
Yea I know but I hate how it happend this time.... brain lapse. no excuses though. And thanks btw.

I wont be getting much sleep tonight im sure.

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay. Brain only works at a certain speed. Prioritizes, and then let's you down. Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Oh MAN!!! That's crazy.
I'm sure we can think of a tshirt for this one!

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
That's it - your cut. You're off team gixxer.

Fuck J. I think everyone has to have one cold tire spook in their riding life. Some get away with a serious wiggle some go down.

I could not imagine how loud you swore.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Agnes says "Ha ha sucks to be you" (her computer is currently kaputt)

Skroonk says "At least you're in one piece."

1 - 20 of 70 Posts