BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last August (!) I had my front brakes apart to give 'em a clean, as I like to do a couple times per season. When I re-assembled them, the two little bolts that hold the wheel speed sensor to the forks were nowhere to be seen. Mystery! I looked high and low, of course, but couldn't find 'em. Luckily, I had a couple bolts that fit, so I could get on the road, and I ordered the two from Honda. Fast forward to this spring... Got the bike back on the road mid-March. And while popping the cover on it the other day.... THERE IT WAS! The little frikkin bolt, See it, dead centre, first photo? Need help?

Now I have a spare...

Reactions: Steve G.

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
camouflaged

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The first thing i do before working on my bike in my car port, is sweep the car port. Having it clean just makes it so much easier when i inevitably drop a bolt or pin, or whatever.

and Don, lets go riding.

·
lover of twins
6,123 Posts
I find putting down a white tarp makes it way easier to quickly spot anything that drops and for the small parts it cushions the drop enough to keep it from rolling away to some alternate universe, never to be found again.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find putting down a white tarp makes it way easier to quickly spot anything that drops and for the small parts it cushions the drop enough to keep it from rolling away to some alternate universe, never to be found again.
I wish I were that smart!

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first thing i do before working on my bike in my car port, is sweep the car port. Having it clean just makes it so much easier when i inevitably drop a bolt or pin, or whatever.
agreed. you're seeing the remains of winter on the deck...

and Don, lets go riding.
also agreed! text sent... this week looks superb.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
The hangar I used to work in had an epoxy floor in white, it was wonderful. Bright, glossy, hard as nails and soooo easy to find dropped items.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
It's too bad someone hasn't invented something that nuts and bolts will stick to.........like a magnet :rolleyes:

·
backslider
11,311 Posts
Bwa-ha-ha-ha ... a-ha-ha-ha ... !!!!

good one - really good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts