BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO here is the first reply I received from the guy on the add:

Hello,

This is in reply to your enquiry on my 04 Hayabusa. The bike is still avaible for sale (my firm price is $4,100).
A few specs:
-6900 miles
-Trac Dynamics Extended Chrome Swingarm
-Rc Components Wheels with Spinners 17x3.5 and 18x8 with 240 rear tire
-HMS-Titannium Complete exhaust
-Custom Paint and lots of Chrome
-Vortex Footpegs and forward controls
-Galfer brake rotors

You can see the pics of my bike using the following link:
http://usera.imagecave.com/siegel_busa04/2004-Hayabusa/

The bike is presently stored at a shipping company in Italy waiting for a buyer. I want to use an escrow service and I am willing to pay the shipping and insurance fees.
If you are SERIOUSLY interested reply ASAP as I am overwhelmed with offers (please don't waste my time).
Have a great day and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Eric Siegel

so then i ask the guy if the funds are canadian and how much the shipping is because quite frankly is sounds TGTBT

and he sends this:

Hello,

First of all, I want to clarify something: These are my terms and this is the ONLY way I will do business.
Here is how I want to close this deal, in the best and safest way for the both of us: for shipping we will use World Cargo Express, a local shipping company here. I have used them in the past and I am fully satisfied with their service. I will store the bike under your name and address, also the title and all documents I have, and you will receive a tracking number and all the storage details. Once they contact you and you confirm that the bike is indeed there, I want a downpayment of 2,000.00 USD USD transferred to the third party who will intermediate out transaction, which is Square Trade. SquareTrade will insure the funds and hold them until you receive and inspect the bike. Once the transfer is made and SquareTrade confirms me that the funds are secured with them, I will instruct the shipping company to proceed with the delivery process. Please don`t feel offended in any way, you must understand that I am only requesting this downpayment secured with SquareTrade so I can feel confident enough about sending you the bike. Shipping will take approximately 7 working days, and will be done door-to-door, to your exact location, so you will not have to pick the bike up yourself. All shipping fees will be paid by me as agreed. Once you receive the bike, I will allow you 72 Hrs for inspecting it. And if you find it unsatisfactory in any way other than described, I agree to have it shipped back on my expense, and SquareTrade will fully refund the payment. The downpayment of 2,000.00 USD USD will ONLY be realeased to me after you have the bike there and you instruct SquareTrade to give me the money. Also, you will have to send me the rest of the payment at that moment. So if you agree with my terms above, I see no reason for which we shouldn`t complete the transaction as soon as possible. Please reply with your full name and address where you want the bike shipped, so I can proceed and store it at the shipping company for you. I also need your details so I can forward them to SquareTrade and start the process.

Sincerely yours,
Eric Siegel

what do you guys think...smells a little too fishy for me, I think im gonna pass it u p although it looks like a fun bike.:flashy

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
hahahaha I saw this load of $%^* on craiglist as well. It was shortly removed. Its funny I remember seeing a gixxer that was TGTBT as well so I emailed the guy thinking it would be fun to kinda waste his time and play along to see how much I could piss him off. Funny part is that he also insisted on using "SqaureTrade". I am sure its the same donkey licker. Tell him to take another picture but this time put a can of tomato soup next to it. Its funny how there is just no good "local" deals anymore these days hahaha ;-)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well, Just think, at that price, the guy would be writing up the ad, someone would get a glance over his shoulder and buy the bike before he hit submit.

Ryan

·
???????
908 Posts
I wouldn't get this one, but I have a friend in Nigeria who has an 05 Gixxer thou for like $5000. It's so cheap cus he ran into some tax problems. If you send him 2000 to cover the shipping he'll..........

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
If you've been following any of the bike sale scams that have been posted on this board over the past year, you'd notice that they all bait people in this manner.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's something similar to that Nigerian Scam where one is told that they need to put 10 grand in order to get a million stashed somewhere by the ex-finance minister, royal princess etc.........You shud ask that P****breath exactly how did the bike end up in SA, cuz we're talking about 4 to 7 grand to ship via BA to joburg ! betcha if u run a trace on those plates in florida you wud still find the bike there

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats guy is a dick.
thanks now i know for sure this is a scam.

theres another sweeeeeeet deal I found but i dunno if i wana share it with you guys since I am seriously considering it...

but is it worth getting into racing I mean I am already 25 and have a full time job, can I go anywhere with it if im good? ie is there a good track/competition/ marcket for "overthehill" riders?

oh yah im 6' 200lbs too so that frame seems like i cant go far so probably would ne just for fun?

heres the sweet deal:

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd-W0QQAdIdZ1752142

should i get it?
can it be converted back to street?

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
In the last bike, it probably doesent have a VIN anymore, if it does, it is possible to convert it to street provided it has papers.

If it doesent, well, I'm not too sure about that then.

F

·
0 Posts
you only need one suker out of a million to fall for it and you get paid ,too bad old poeple dont ride sportbikes or i might take up a new AT HOME INTERNET MOTORCYCLE BUISNESS.lol

D

·
0 Posts
come on, a bus for 4 grand? that alone should set off alarms.

there are plenty of legit local sales happening. check them out. you will probably be far more satisfied. and not ripped off.

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Ever notice how all of the scam ads are passing these bikes off for around the $4000 mark?

And that R1 you posted a link to? I seriously doubt that anyone who's obviously poured over $30,000 in aftermarket race goodies would let it slide out the door for that little.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Complete and total scam.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
troyjohn said:
thats guy is a dick.
thanks now i know for sure this is a scam.

theres another sweeeeeeet deal I found but i dunno if i wana share it with you guys since I am seriously considering it...

but is it worth getting into racing I mean I am already 25 and have a full time job, can I go anywhere with it if im good? ie is there a good track/competition/ marcket for "overthehill" riders?

oh yah im 6' 200lbs too so that frame seems like i cant go far so probably would ne just for fun?

heres the sweet deal:

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd-W0QQAdIdZ1752142

should i get it?
can it be converted back to street?

Trolling, Trolling, Trollling.

D

·
0 Posts
a fool and his money soon part ways.

let him buy the yamaha. it's a good deal! just needs a paint job to be put back on the street.

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
What a drag, I was supposed to test ride that Yammi when the weather cleared up. As for the price the owner explained that as it was a Yammi, it just really wasn't worth much!

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:cool It doesn't have to be TGTBT to be a scam. Another scam is to sell bikes after they've been used as collateral for a loan. Since the loan is then supported by a lien on the bike by the loan company, if the seller doesn't advise you of the debt & lien, and you [the buyer] don't do a lien check, you're stuck with the lien [debt]. If the seller leaves BC, you're screwed. If the bike was used as collateral by a seller using a stolen identity... there's the scam. Sort of a twist on the old buyer-beware recommendation on doing lien checks - you might unearth more than you'd imagine.

:drinkbeer
-Charles

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Dood thing about bikes, i found when find thoughs kind of bikes for sale, is

If it is to good to be true...... It probably is.

i seen 05 r1 ravens for like 4.5k .... thats not right at all. Fucking scamers and shit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts