BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
more lean please
1,745 Posts
thats badass. there's no way in hell we could get away with something like that up here. the hardass rcmp would be all over that with air 1 and all that shit. would be fun as hell to participate in something like that tho

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
You know we could probably get away with it...if we all pitch in a few bucks and call it a fundraiser...lets pick a Charity...and donate...maybe with it being a bit more on the positive side...not just a bunch of sportbikes pullin shit...we'd be okay!

·
Rider
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now thats thinking.----^ It's far enough away from summer that there could be something really big planned.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
I would be in to help organize...what ya think? we can do it as a beginning of season fundraiser...since most of us would be itchin to ride...so lets pick a charity and start promoting it...I mean it could be like a $5-$10 buck entry fee....if we had 100 bikes...and lets say its a harrison ride...or a 200 km ride..what ever - if we get everyones input on destination, etc...We could do early may as June is the Burns ride (?), so we dont' want to take away from that as well....or we could use that and donate it to them??

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im in what about donating to the food bank $5.00 to $10.00 sounds good, maybe even set up for some non perisheable food i can help out with my truck and trailer.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Im in what about donating to the food bank $5.00 to $10.00 sounds good, maybe even set up for some non perisheable food i can help out with my truck and trailer.
That is good as well...since food bank always need food ...even after xmas
might be a good thing...it would be different...money is better than if we bring food since their buying power is greater...

good idea...come on peeps post up...i'm sure we could get local bike shops to help represent us...maybe get a flyer going??

what ya think

Maybe first weekend of May...

·
who farted?
525 Posts
Im in ................ name the time and place.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Im in ................ name the time and place.
Excellent...make sure to tell all the riders you know...it would be cool if this was a big event...the more money raised the more money we can give to charities...

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
Now thats thinking.----^ It's far enough away from summer that there could be something really big planned.
So ...since you started this thread...let me know your thoughts dude...i can help in organizing and getting the word out....

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm down for that, and helping out wherever needed.

·
Rider
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the food bank is a great idea, ppl always need food. I've never organized a group ride, especially one that is going to be helping a charity so i have no idea what i would need to do. Maybe we could start with getting some ideas for a date. I can post up some flyers around abbotsford and surrounding areas once we have finalized all the details. Does anyone have any idea on how we would go about getting the cops involved or would we need their help with traffic and so on.

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
well if we decide what the destination is (point a to point b)...maybe even ask a spokesperson from the charity IE: foodbank...we could make it a public event...maybe even get someone from the province..paper...make everyone aware...the sportbikes aren't just fools...i think if we get that going probably be okay

i think depending on route..we can call the police station tell them our plans...and ask for their help...and go from there...

p.s. I was organizing rides last summer...and if we all pitch in...you do flyers out by you...i can do out here...and send it to some major bike shops...would work out okay....work as a team?

·
AKA Martini-girl!!
1,637 Posts
We could start promoting it come lets say march have flyers ready...if we do it beginning of May...hopefully good weather like last year...if we promote like 2 mths ahead or maybe 3 mths ahead...i'm sure we will have a great turn out!! and start an official thread here lets say by feb...and keep it going...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts