BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
before they were 'labelled' junk, as in "before it was public knowledge" that they were junk??
lol
:rider

Curious what made the 'K' model special, limited numbers, or sumpin else??

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Curious what made the 'K' model special, limited numbers, or sumpin else??
Alloy tank, flat side carbs, mag bits here and there. homologation special for the green fanboys. Had a friend who raced one, kept it mint the whole time. Rented it out to another rider for one race and had it chucked into the weeds, wrecked the tank and too many of the rare bits.

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
special race only short gear ratio.... kinda like the ZX6RR

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Of couse this is from way back in 92, the glory years of WSBK. Ducati 888, Honda RC30 and so on.

Hands up which of you were just starting high school then!

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
Damn, I was in grade 2. Nice looking bike. That was the must have bike when I was 8...seriously.

·
Urban Squid
991 Posts
That was my first sportbike back in the day. It's also te same bike they caught on fire with me riding it overseas. I've still got the pic in my gallery. It is a freaking awesome bike! Looks like sex.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
That bike was the shit in it's day. Wasn't the suspension upgraded from standard fare back then as well?

I expect that it would still get the adrenaline flowing these days in fine style.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
FCR and better cam means more HP. Shock and fork upgraded stiffer springs, comp. and rebound adjustments and trick remote res. Bodywork include alum. tank, mono seat and lightweight rear subframe. Slipper clutch rounds out a competitive bike in its day. I believe Scott Russell won a championship on one. Unfortunately most were bought and raced immediately; leaving few mint version remaining like this one.

I had the J version which, on appearance, looks just like the K. It does not have the trick parts but still a great bike.

BTW, I was doing commerce at SFU when this came out. I had a Ninja ZX6 at the time and boy did I lust after the ZX-7R when I saw it at Richmond Motorsports.

·
Aging Kid-at-Heart
515 Posts
Of couse this is from way back in 92, the glory years of WSBK. Ducati 888, Honda RC30 and so on.

Hands up which of you were just starting high school then!
Uh... starting highschool? I was already a year OUT of highschool... dayam...

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,233 Posts
lol! I was finishing my undergrad in university that year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts