BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back last night from a week of dirt and street riding in Viiiiiiiiiiiiiva Las Vegas!!
I could write a short novel on the adventures we had, so if ya want to hear it, I'll type out a blow by blow account.

The short version is, had a fantastic time. Crashed 3 times on the first day of dirt riding. Couldn't believe how rusty I was!! It doesn't help when you're also gasping for breath and trying to keep up to an A rider!! My chest and shoulder protector bear the evidence of falling onto rocks. The DR worked very well though. Did some speed testing against my roomate's XR400 on the dry lake beds. The DR will keep up till about 4th gear, then the Xr smokes it. The dry lake beds are the most fun ya can have with your clothes on!!! In fact, we took ours off and rode with just chest protectors, boots,gloves and helmets for a twilight photo session. Will see if they'll develop the film today!!

I used my "slightly" modified KLR650 for street riding, but did take it off road once, where it suprised me. Some of the mods I've made for street riding on it have also helped a lot for dirt. It feels much more planted than my stock 93 KLR did. Actually found some twisty pavement near Vegas (not an easy thing to find) and the bike just railed throught the corners. The pipe and jetting mods have made a huge difference! Way more power in the low and mid range with a bit more kick in the top end. The Big Gun complete exhaust system is VERY recommended for the KLR!! Along with ear plugs.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Dirtybill said:
.......In fact, we took ours off and rode with just chest protectors, boots,gloves and helmets for a twilight photo session....
Now THERE'S an image to strike fear into the heart of a strong man............. :flip

Did you try any flat track type stuff? Sliding 'round with that foot out and all crossed up?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Thought you got rid of me....eh?

BMatthews said:

Now THERE'S an image to strike fear into the heart of a strong man............. :flip

Did you try any flat track type stuff? Sliding 'round with that foot out and all crossed up?
Yes, it was VERY SCARY:evil About 10 minutes afterwards, a cop in a 4x4 came down the trail. I wouldn't have wanted to share a cell with Bubba, especially after he found out what I'd been charged with!!

Flat tracking the lake beds was an absolute hoot!!! Doing doughnuts and wheelies was entertaining as well!! I do beleive this could be an annual trip!! We might even have our pictures in Inside Motorcycles as Warren was shooting 6 of us coming at him on the lake bed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts