BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this forum is dead, Covid sucks, and the monsoons have started, but if you need fodder to fuel your dreams of 'better days' next year. there is no better source than Tim Mayhew's Pashnit Tours postings. There is a ton of photography on Flickr:

...and he is well into revising his ENTIRE catalog of hundreds of CA rides:

as we all know, there is NOTHING quite like motorcycle riding in California... so here's hoping that's a possibility in 2021!

have a dreamy winter, y'all!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm still riding a bit but the bitter end is near my commuting has fallen off with the onset of nasty cold weather in the okanagan. I am dreading winter. So any inspiration is much appreciated!

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
I ran into Tim a number of years back while having dinner at Eel River Brewpub just outside of Fortuna, CA. It was interesting to pull into the parking lot and see the Pashnit Hayabusa. Real nice guy to talk to and has done a great service with his website.

That was my guidebook for everything norcal, I remember printing out pages and pages of roads and reviews and plotting them down on maps in my living room on the floor. That goes back a while, I'm thinking like 10-12 years anyways.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran into Tim a number of years back while having dinner at Eel River Brewpub just outside of Fortuna, CA. It was interesting to pull into the parking lot and see the Pashnit Hayabusa. Real nice guy to talk to and has done a great service with his website.

That was my guidebook for everything norcal, I remember printing out pages and pages of roads and reviews and plotting them down on maps in my living room on the floor. That goes back a while, I'm thinking like 10-12 years anyways.
Tim is just the best. of course, he makes his living running tours, but he's super-helpful with specific answers any time you contact him, even if you're not touring with him. and the website is turning into a public resource of the first order! remarkable...

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay, btw, I just noticed - a dozen years late - that, if the data is to be believed, we joined BCSB on exactly the same day: May 19, 2008. who'd have thought... I learned a lot from you, buddy! many good times!

·
Registered
18,874 Posts
Jay, btw, I just noticed - a dozen years late - that, if the data is to be believed, we joined BCSB on exactly the same day: May 19, 2008. who'd have thought... I learned a lot from you, buddy! many good times!
Oh wow, yeah I just see that now.. interesting! Hahah.

Likewise Don, we've had some great times. One of the funniest moments I can think of was you at the border crossing with your ear plugs in behind the counter blowing snot into a tissue.

People like different kinds of riding and that sort of thing. I think at the core, you and I appreciate very similar riding experiences.

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,521 Posts
OK, so this forum is dead, Covid sucks, and the monsoons have started, but if you need fodder to fuel your dreams of 'better days' next year. there is no better source than Tim Mayhew's Pashnit Tours postings. There is a ton of photography on Flickr:

...and he is well into revising his ENTIRE catalog of hundreds of CA rides:

as we all know, there is NOTHING quite like motorcycle riding in California... so here's hoping that's a possibility in 2021!

have a dreamy winter, y'all!
This year is the first in 20 years that I have not ridden to California.
When it does open up safely again some familiar places are gonna look like ashes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts