BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need new tires and was wondering what people would recommend. I am currently looking at the Michelin pilot road 4. I just need it for normal street use and I have a 07 r6 (if that matters).

·
Registered
35 Posts
PR4 is horrible tire. Anything but that. Seriously, it is fine in the cooler weather but in normal to hot temperatures it is squirmy and greasy feeling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont plan on riding in the rain. I was just searching for good street tires and this one came up. I definitely dont want the greasy feeling. thanks for the input

·
track hack
2,008 Posts
I'll second Bridgestone S22's as well. VERY capable tire if you're a faster rider yet has great longevity and also quite capable in the cool/wet conditions as well. I just ordered my second set of them after putting them on my new bike last month. So far - 4500kms on them and going strong.

Also - lowest price of any decent tire to be had - can't beat that value.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Michelin is a fine tire. In fact, you won't go wrong with any tire from the major manufacturers.
My problem with michelin was severe cupping on the front. Put lots of miles on them though.

Bridgestone is a fine tire. Almost always the stock tires on sportbikes. They wear out quick especially the rear. I ran a set of t30s that were excellent and lasted.

Recent years I've been running Dunlops. Roadsmarts on the rear and q3plus on the front. Excellent performance, longevity, and value.

I prefer the touring class tires on the rear. They keep their profile well while still delivering excellent adhesion for cornering. They last forever.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I ran bto16 and s21 in the past. So far the Michelin pilot4's that came with my fz1 have proven pretty decent and way better longevity than either of the battlax s mentioned. My.02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have been looking at more reviews and I think I will go with the s22's. Thanks for all the advice guys. Where did you guys buy your s22's from? I am also looking for a shop that could install at the same time. I looked at bayside but they dont seem to have the s22.

·
track hack
2,008 Posts
So I have been looking at more reviews and I think I will go with the s22's. Thanks for all the advice guys. Where did you guys buy your s22's from? I am also looking for a shop that could install at the same time. I looked at bayside but they dont seem to have the s22.
I ordered a set from Fortnine 5 days ago, delivery is tomorrow.

$356/set shipped- 120/180

·
Registered
308 Posts
I got a new S22 from Fortnine a few weeks ago. Free shipping.

Check your brake pads to see if you need any before you order tires. You're going to have the calipers off anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts