BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Good to hear. I just got a new (to me) bike that has a new set on it.

I only have about 300 km on it but was happy and comfortable hooning around Ft Langley this evening as I scrubbed them in.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road 3 on a CBR1100XX. 8,000 kms. Not much rain riding just a drizzle or two. 120 front 180 rear. Still round with wide chicken strips. Mostly 3-400 km days. I replaced PR 2s with the 3s. I'm pleased with these tires they suit the bike and my riding style. $380 from Western Powersports during their March tire sale. Fourth set of tires I've bought from them. Avons, Pirelli and two pairs of Michelins.

·
Old Dirty Bastard
1,650 Posts
Maker- Continental
Model-Conti-Motion
Size-180/55ZR-17 rear 120/70ZR-17 front
Installed on-Triumph Sprint ST 955i
Ridden for 13,000 Kms
Rating-1/Excellent to 5/Terrible-2
Comments-Great sport touring tire for a very reasonable price. Front is still good but rear is down to the wear bars. I have already ordered a new set from Motorcycle Superstore.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Make- Dunlop
Model- Q2s
Size- 190/55/17 , 120/70/17
Installed on- 07 GSXR1000
Ridden currently at 5200kms
Rating- 1/Excellent to 5/Terrible Summer = 2 Winter = 5
Comments- Paid $200 for the set and had it shipped at Point Roberts. Great during summer, very stable and lots of grip to offer. Looks like this set will last me around 12k-14k kms. Rode a few times while it was raining and the tires held up very well but make sure the tires are warm!!!. Rode the bike out @ 5 degree celcius and it was down right dangerous no grip whatsoever, was lucky didn't drop the bike it took 10minutes before the tires warmed up. Next tires will either be a Michelin 2CTs or BT016s.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys-has anyone here tried the new Michellin power 3 dual comp.? I've been using the 2CT's for my last five sets but tempted to try these. I'm wondering if they are as soft as the pures or will they last a bit longer and are as good as the 2CT's?

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
Maker- Bridgestones
Model- BT003 Racing Street
Size- Front- Rear- 120/70 , 190/50
Installed on- ZX14
Ridden for_3000___ Kms
Rating- 1/Excellent to 5/Terrible-__ 1
Comments- Excellent tire, sticks like there is no tomorrow. Only got 3000 kms out of my set, I ride hard
Bought them from JC motors online, about $210/ set shipped to Sumas
I do my own install so I don't mind super sticky short life tires

Putting on a set of BT016 PRO next, (Successor to the BT016), OEM on the BMW S1000RR

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maker- Bridgestones
Model- BT016 PRO
Size- Front- Rear- 120/70 , 190/55
Installed on- 2008 FZ1
Ridden for_6000___ Kms
Rating- 1/Excellent to 5/Terrible-__ 2
Comments- Excellent tire, not as sticky as the Dunlop Q2 which is my fav, but they last an oil change. Bought off rockymountainatv.com for $230, and I install them myself. Overall very happy with these tires.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Hmmmmm ....... nothing since 2013. Anything changed in rubber since then? Still round? Still black?

I'm looking for tip for fat bikes. I'm pretty sure I'll burn off the Michelin PP 4's that are on the VFR right now fairly quickly once summer arrives. Any suggestions for sporty driven sport touring barges?

* I'm sure the latest Pirelli Double Diablo Lava Fire Lucifer Mugello Lap Time Special Edition tire is not what I'm wanting. But this is the tire sticky ...... or sticky tire tire sticky. What's the good stuff these days?

How about big bore dual purpose bikes? The XR needs rubber ASAP. I don't need the 100% off road stuff. Those big knobblies look cool but get chewed up quickly. Anyone with big bikes have a preference?*

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
I'm half way through my first PR4's. Plan to burn them off at a track day in May. After that.............no idea. Ive had Rosso Corsa's and Q3's the past 4 years.........now I'm on a gangster's bike, so the only "lead" I have is Pirelli Angel GT's....

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd second PR4 and Angel GT. Both will have great traction and be hard wearing. You can the "A" spec too of heavier bikes, though unless you have the VFR 1200 and not the 800, you won't need them.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
It the 1200 that I have, so light ruck status is needed.*

CDG ...... have you put many tires through the ZX-GANGSTA yet? I'm not running that power but am certainly running the weight.*

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
What did you end up doing to it?

I was thinking the same after I completed my mods. Suspension, PCV, ECU reflash, K&N, PAIR removal and block off plates, Stebel ...... needs nothing now.

The OEM heated grips would be nice.

And the OEM power plug.

Maybe the OEM wind deflectors.

A powered tank bag.

Yup, all done. :)

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
^^ :laughing

I said the same thing regarding the R1, about 3 years ago I purchased intake stacks top n' bottom, fast-forward n' cams sitting on shelf, head-work is next :coffee

did somebody say modding is a disease? its own cure i think! :devillook

in so far as a tire choice, ive gone back to Michelin PP3s on the bumble-bee.. its just what i've grown used to, after the Q3 stint..

MICHELIN

Metzeler makes an excellent tire for bigger bikes, the Z8 {touring} Interac line :thumbup

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
When you say rearsets, did you actually move the pegs up and back? *That would seem like an ergonomically unpleasant combo with the bar risers.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts