BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
When you say rearsets, did you actually move the pegs up and back? *That would seem like an ergonomically unpleasant combo with the bar risers.

its not that bad... i have rearsets on my gsxr with renthals.. takes a few hours of straight riding to start cramping

Shock, front springs, full exhuast, painted front wheel to match, windscreen, hugger, tail rack, risers, carbon wrapped fender and belly pans, rearsets, sliders, heated grips, center stand, and wait for it.............90 degree valve stems
90 degree valves stems are the best thing you can do... nothing better than pulling the front wheel and a rotor just to put air in it..

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
Metzeler Roadtec 01s are winning all the sport touring awards lately. Pirelli Angel GTs are the ones that all others are judged by. Roadtec 01's have beat them in most of the shootouts. They replaced the Z8s last year. I ran them last year on my Ducati Multistrada and they were WAY better than my PR3s and 4s. The Duc got 12,000 kms on the roadtecs and they are still at 30% left! Impressive.

I'm pretty sure the ZX14 is not going to get that much, but I'm expecting 10k per change.

·
Super Moderator
23,549 Posts
I recall SilverD saying the ZX14 went through tires quickly, front tire in particular.
He had a Connie, not ZX......much heavier and prone to tire wear back then.....think he had an 08.

I think some of the newer tires last longer........I get 10k out of my PR2's on the FJR easy, including trips to OR and CA with hot pavement.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts