BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in sort of a delima I need a new front tire and don't know what to get! will most likely replace both but not sure either?
I drive an 2004 Suzuki gsx600f (Katana) it cam stock with Michelin Macadam 100x after 14,000 km on them the front is now no good but the rear still has half life left the bike is a sport touring and would like a tire that will last but has better traction then these Macadams. Wasn't overly impressed with these tires traction wise in wet weather! any help or suggestion would be greatly appretiated.

Thnxs
Colin

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
read the "sticky notes" firstly. (or search prior threads)

the bridgestone bt014 is very grippy, as is the michelin pilot power.

something like the bt020 is longer life though.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road. Sport touring still and has good life but is much stickier than what you have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
flowrider said:
Michelin Pilot Road. Sport touring still and has good life but is much stickier than what you have.
I was actually going to pick up a set of pilot roads. As I dont need the pilot power since its mostly for touring too.

DO you have these? Do they last longer than the regular "sport" tires?

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Not yet but I will very shortly. I'm planning on doing a lot of longer trips this year as well.
I've done a lot of research and have come to the conclusion that I have no idea and am taking a chance on the Michelins.
Other combos you may want to look at are:
BT014 Front Bt020 rear
M1 front Z6 Roadtech rear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts