BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new set of tires as it seem the previous owner of my bike was a tool and put miss-matched tires on (BT-50R & BT-54F).
I plan on riding my bike through the rain this winter so I was hoping someone could suggest some tires that have lots of grip in dry & wet weather. I've got a GPz 1100 which is a fairly heavy sports-touring bike.

·
Ride Solo
4,218 Posts
I've got a brand new set of Pilot Roads on the VFR. I haven't had the chance to ride on them yet, but reviews have been positive and they're supposed to perform well in the rain.

signed,

another rider of a heavy sport-touring bike

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
Ditto for the Pilot Roads. They're great on dry and wet roads. I've got 13k kms on mine and they're still strong.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
If you expect to ride in the rain, then you'll be happy with them. You'll still have to ride with caution, as with any tire, but they'll pull through for you. They really won my confidence when I got caught in a down pour on the Crowsnest. Threw on my wet gear and carried on with the twisties without a care. Could almost feel the rubber biting into the pavement.

Since I always try to avoid the rain because it gets my bike dirty, my next tires will be the Pilot Sport (I think they're the Powers now). Not quite as good as the Roads in the wet, but a bit better in the dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts