BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions regarding sport bike replacement tires. I knw with tire technology things are always changing, but if you had to replace you tires for street/sport use tomorrow what would you choose?

I have been looking at the Michelin Pilot lineup as well as the Dunlop D208 ZR and Qualifier series. I know some of you guys change your tires every year, so which way would you go?

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I am running a Dunlop D208 front and a D207 rear...pretty good tires in my opinion, but I've heard some guys didn't/don't like them. I find them very predictable, they heat up quickly as well. They do lose heat rather fast though. My next set of rubber will most likely be the Pilot Powers. Read the tire reviews sticky, there's some good reviews in there.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Also, when the time comes...go see Bill @ 5th Gear, some of best prices in town for rubber.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
It partly depends on your bike and the sort of riding you do. I had Dunlop 205 and now have Pilot Roads. Like them both. The Pilot Roads are excellent for riding the twisties in the rain, but I don't do much of that so I'll probably get the Pilot Power next year.

For the most part, all tires are great for regular sport riding under normal conditions. But if you have special needs, make sure your tires are up to the task :)

·
Are we there yet!
723 Posts
I've got some Bridgestone Battlax020. Have over 20,000 kms on them and just about to replace them with the same

·
I wanna Ride!!!!
77 Posts
I have some Bridgestone BT-014's right now and I like them but i think my next set is going to be pilot powers!!!

·
Excommunicated
567 Posts
Pilot Powers ..... sweet ..... so sweet

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
I've yet to hear anything negative about Pilot Powers. I just wore out a set of the previous version--the Pilot Sport--in 10000km. I understand the Powers stick better *and* last longer. That would be impressive. If you want more mileage and don't push too hard on the street, the Pilot Road would be an option--that's what I'll go with next.

·
Registered Abuser
1,017 Posts
If you want more mileage and don't push too hard on the street, the Pilot Road would be an option--that's what I'll go with next.
I ride moderate to somewhat hard. I've got 12,000 kms on my Roads and they're still going strong. If I can get that from the Powers, then they're definitely my next choice. Like I said earlier, the Roads are great in the twisties in the rain -- very stable. On dry pavement, I find they take a while to warm up properly. Not really an issue so long as you're aware of it.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I've got some Bridgestone Battlax020. Have over 20,000 kms on them and just about to replace them with the same
That's pretty good mileage out of those Scott.

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
Got over 20,000km on my Dunlop, however I think lightweight girls have something to do with that mileage. Replaced with a qualifyer for the low low price of $142 canadian! Cheapest place by far, compared to ANY of the local shops around, just shows you how much they mark their shit up!

·
Stargaze
1,618 Posts
I like my dunlop D220's but everyone is hardcore raving about the Pilot powers so im gonna have to check them out

·
user
98 Posts
Got over 20,000km on my Dunlop, however I think lightweight girls have something to do with that mileage. Replaced with a qualifyer for the low low price of $142 canadian! Cheapest place by far, compared to ANY of the local shops around, just shows you how much they mark their shit up!
Where did you buy those? Local? $142 is dirt cheap. I'm interested.

·
Ridin' Dirty
852 Posts
Where did you buy those? Local? $142 is dirt cheap. I'm interested.

http://powersport-parts.com/product.php?cid=1731

Anything over $100 is free shipping
I had them shipped to a friend in Bellingham and she brought them across so no duty
Even had a guy that works at one of the local shops ask me for the website as he can't even get them that cheap with his employee discount

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,338 Posts
I've got 6000kms on my OE Michelin Pilot Sport tires but the rear is 90% gone. Apparently big twins eat rear tires. I'm wondering if the Pilot Power on the rear will be too sticky for my Pilot Sport front tire and result in a bad combo? Also, is this true the Pilot Power tires are lasting longer than the Pilot Sport?

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
2006? If you make decisions the same speed as my girlfriend and still haven't chosen, get the Pilot Power 2CT's :D I just got 15000k (15 thousand) out of my regular PP's on my F4i. That included a couple of burnouts etc too.

·
Get outta the fast lane!!
1,338 Posts
2006? If you make decisions the same speed as my girlfriend and still haven't chosen, get the Pilot Power 2CT's :D I just got 15000k (15 thousand) out of my regular PP's on my F4i. That included a couple of burnouts etc too.
Ya, I know, brought this thread back from the dead. Sorry.

A lot of folks get good mileage numbers out of the original Pilot Sport tires as well but I'm on a 1000cc twin with big torque. NOT tire friendly. I'm prob lucky to get half that mileage on mine compared to your F4i.

Actually I still have about 15% tread left but looking around for suitable replacement now. Isn't the 2CT more sticky/softer than the PP?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts