BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a week, but I finally have time to post about this. Pictures have been in my gallery for a while though. The show was great. There's lots of cool things to see and DO. Tons of race bikes there too. Pretty much every MotoGP bike was there. Yamaha brought out about 4 M1s. Custom bikes all over too. Well... mostly scooters. You could even test ride a bike if you wanted. Didn't get a chance to look, but it was cool.

Scooters with subs are not uncommon. This is just one example. Note the gold bling on the exhaust. Another bike had at least 4 speakers and a sub.

More pics are available in my gallery.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3189

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
That looks like one hell of an event. How big was the venue space? How many people attend on average?

·
Ghost SV Rider
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Area is somewhere between the Vancouver show and the Seattle show.... I think. Probably bigger if you include the outdoor test rides, which I forgot to check. Attendance... no idea. This show is definately better than the Tokyo Motor Show. It's more interactive. You can actually sit on most of the bikes. Even Yamaha let us sit on the new R6. The Motor Show, due to the mixed crowds, saw most of the bikes roped off to protect them from non-riders who don't know how to mount a bike. Then again, the Japanese here are so used to centre stands that they just mount it like a horse anyways.

I also had a chance to check out the VFR police bike. That was cool. It's a big sucker. Saw a training video where a bunch of police WOMEN rode it. Those girls can kick my butt riding a tight slalom. Imagine racing through the PRS' cones, only they are spaced MUCH closer. It's something you have to watch.

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
Awesome pics Dru...are the bikes over there cheaper than here in Canada?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Price-wise bikes are cheaper, but one pays a huge premuim 600 and beyond...most of the stuff you see on road is between 250-400 and a lot of those electra-glide scooters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts