BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who's gone up the 99 recently, what the hell are they building right next to the road at hwy 1 junction in horseshoe bay? Could it be that there will be a toll booth there? Could it be that the Liberals have one more brilliant plan to leech more money out of us?

Any ideas?

:tredmill

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Maybe it's a toll to pay for the redoing of the Sea to Sky just in case we MIGHT get the Olympic games up there..

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
bigwheels said:
For anyone who's gone up the 99 recently, what the hell are they building right next to the road at hwy 1 junction in horseshoe bay? Could it be that there will be a toll booth there? Could it be that the Liberals have one more brilliant plan to leech more money out of us?

Any ideas?

:tredmill
Sorry, but after moving back to the Coast after spending the last 10+ years in the Interior and spending $20 on the Coquihalla Highway toll every time I made a trip to Vancouver I don't have a lot of sympathy for people down here (or on the Island) who express concerns over possible tolls for new highway improvements. Now, if they were to get rid of the toll on the Coquihalla (after all, we've only paid for the $50 million in extra interest costs that the toll was supposed to cover 10 times over) I wouldn't complain. But, until they do I figure fair is fair and all new highway improvements should at least be partially offset by tolls. (Oh man, am I going to get some flack over this post.) :eek

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh hell will you get flack for it. when did you take your car thru air care while up north? never. when did you pay a transit levy while up north? never. when did you pay extra tax on your gas for yet another transit levy while up north? never. big deal, you paid a toll every time you used a road. we pay for shit that isn't even running, and does nothing for us. buses run around this city empty. the new skytrain line will cost $37 per person per ride. its almost a year overdue. i see the odd car run the track outside my work. empty. still being tested. its useless. i am almost a mile from the closest station.

pay for use is fair. but don't for one minute think its about time "we paid up". we've been paying out our asses for years and got nothing in return. i don't use it, so why the hell am i paying?

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
It's just like airport improvement fees and GST, even though airport additions are already paid for they'll never get rid of the fee and the GST was suppose to be temporary but since it doesn't even go where it was intended it will never go away. On second thought even if GST did go where it was intended and paid the debt off (ya right) they wouldn't get rid of it, its all about the money, user fees and collecting revenue at every turn, the more money they get the more they spend.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are the new toll booths for the ferry terminal in Horseshoe Bay. In the summer its backed up along the highway all the way to before the Caulfield exit, so part of the new construction is supposed to be a new holding area to keep more cars off the side of the highway.

And I don't feel like typing much right now so I'm going to refrain from talking about taxation or debt issues right now. Maybe later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts